The 'Dive Bar' under 'Marples'

cam anyone remember the dive bar which was under the marples hotel in fitzallen square.i used to go there in the seventies with my mates. from what i can remember the walls were decorated with drawings of people sat under parasols in the streets outside the cafe and bars in paris .we spent many a happy hour down there.:) :)

cam anyone remember the dive bar which was under the marples hotel in fitzallen square.i used to go there in the seventies with my mates. from what i can remember the walls were decorated with drawings of people sat under parasols in the streets outside the cafe and bars in paris .we spent many a happy hour down there.:) :)

I think it was called The Gay Paris, I doubt anyone would open a bar in town nowadays with " Gay " in its name or the PC Correct police would jump on them.

I think it was called The Gay Paris, I doubt anyone would open a bar in town nowadays with " Gay " in its name or the PC Correct police would jump on them.

Quite right; it was the Gay Pari'

When we used to go up town we used to meet in the 'Gay Paris', before going off to the other pubs and finishing off in the Buccaneer, I can remember when the Kings Head? on Commercial St shut down( where the gays used to go)they started going in the Gay Paris', at first their was a bit of an atmosphere, but eventually we got on OK with them, and they were a good laugh.

Wasn't it called the Tivoli Bar at some stage?

When we used to go up town we used to meet in the 'Gay Paris', before going off to the other pubs and finishing off in the Buccaneer, I can remember when the Kings Head? on Commercial St shut down( where the gays used to go)they started going in the Gay Paris', at first their was a bit of an atmosphere, but eventually we got on OK with them, and they were a good laugh.
I think you mean Kings Arms Geotem

Archived