New pub on West Street

jt33

Well I've been out to lots of bars in lots of cities, most of them a hell of a lot more "vibrant" than West Street, and I never gave a second thought to what I was wearing. In fact I think the only place I've ever been turned away from a bar in my life is in Sheffield.

Well dont go then, gawd you keep harping on about dress code, if you dont want to dress smartly then stay away. It obviously isnt a pub for you.

Well dont go then, gawd you keep harping on about dress code, if you dont want to dress smartly then stay away. It obviously isnt a pub for you.

And you do keep harping on about me harping on. Just leave me to it.

after a delayed start, i think it now opens next week...lets hope its better than some other bars on west st and not overpriced

I hope it is overpriced so I don't have to rub shoulders with groups of 18 year old kid "on the ****" or 2 bob millionaraires you think they are special but grumble when their lager costs more than £2

I hope it is overpriced so I don't have to rub shoulders with groups of 18 year old kid "on the ****" or 2 bob millionaraires you think they are special but grumble when their lager costs more than £2

We would be drinking bitter

• 2 weeks later...

It drives me mad....... I personaly and I am sure along with numerous other young professionals would welcome a up market bar in town. I am sick to my back teeth of steriod driven idiots everywhere covered from head to toe in G star which just give off the vibe of violence (step back as that general statement could get you)....I remember when vodka rev was nice both old and new, but not any more. It is full of prats, who think a good fri/sat night involves throwing a glass about. Ok they could have that bar as 23, common room, crystal, haylcon etc. (not the best list is it of Sheffields upmarket bars) are still about but oh my word they are like the plague they are spreading !

I work my ass of mon-fri and want to enjoy a nice atmosphere, a drink and good music without the feelng that it could all kick off anytime soon.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring in a bar that is upmarket and selective to who itlets in. Surely Sheffield has the potential for this, granted I do think it may take some time as everyone I know now goes to Leeds or Manchester for these sorts of nights as they are sick of Sheffield and the rubbish it has to offer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now drink on eccy road mainly but they are all bars, how about opening a late bar on there that plays music (DJ) ????

• 3 weeks later...
Dress codes just remove your individuality, you have to dress to their specification, it's like wearing a school uniform and I for one won't be told what to wear by anybody.

Great, even more clones... Bland Britain strikes again! Same hair, same 'designer' crap clothes from TKMax, same boring job, day in day out... same chrome and leather bar with tinted mirrors and low profile T-bar pumps spueing out the same fizzy dribble, to be supped by the same drunken drones...

The most interesting thing to do in town these days is walk around and wonder at the sudden increase in fag butts outside the pubs :) At least they add a bit of diversity.

Peace

Archived