New pub on West Street

jt33

Big Fish PR press release.

A brand new bar promising new high standards of service is set to open in Sheffield city centre this month. Listed, a stylish and contemporary conversion of what was once a cutlery works at Morton Works on West Street, will be a 400 capacity venue catering for those of you after a rather more refined experience on a night out.

The door policy will be a strict one with high standards to ensure that the atmosphere is kept at a premium. It’s the brainchild of Large Area, a brand new hospitality company, who already have targeted further sites in the city to expand their portfolio.

Managing Director Craig Longstaff explains the concept further: “This will be an upmarket, stylish and contemporary bar. It’s aimed at the sort of people who aren’t just prepared to drink anywhere but expect high standards, a relaxed atmosphere and a decent selection of drinks.”

The new bar is an open plan affair, with a chocolate and cream theme complimented by stylish feature wallpaper, comfortable leather sofas and low tables. There will be an excellent choice of draft beers, bottles, wines and spirits, as you’d expect from a high end concept bar, as well as a dance floor at the rear.

The music will be a far cry from your typical West Street soundtrack, featuring lots of northern soul, Motown and funk.

Keep an eye out for flyers and posters for the grand opening July 7.

VIP OPENING JULY 6

'strict dress code' was the only thing i read, great another crystal...

On West Street, good luck with finding any customers them.

No doubt it will start off well, like Crystal did, but it will soon be on the buy-one-get-one-free bandwaggon once they realise that their ideal customer doesn't realy exist in Sheffield, not on West Street anyway.

Just a question how can a bar that is selling itself to have high standards state it will have a relaxed atmosphere? Seems like its contradicting itself there.

Personally I would rather go were you can just be yourself and not have to worry whether you meet some jumped up bouncers idea of the "right clientelle".

Personally I would rather go were you can just be yourself and not have to worry whether you meet some jumped up bouncers idea of the "right clientelle".

I agree, thats the attitude most of Sheffield has, thats why this will probably fail, there aren't enough pretentious drinkers to keep Crystal and this place going. Perhaps in Leeds it might stand a chance.

On West Street, good luck with finding any customers them.

No doubt it will start off well, like Crystal did, but it will soon be on the buy-one-get-one-free bandwaggon once they realise that their ideal customer doesn't realy exist in Sheffield, not on West Street anyway.

Maybe these people do exist, but aren't prepared to come into town for just 3 bars in town that are so far spaced apart there not on the same circuit so they stay on Ecclesall Rd or other places......just a thought!

The problem is that the riff-raff are the ones that like to get all dressed up and pay 3.50 a pint on a night out. Weekend millionaires is the term.

More refined types tend not to be so vain and instead dress more casually.

I suspect that the average intelligence of clientèle in The Grapes (since it has already be mentioned) will be higher than average intelligence of clientèle in the classiest of classy bars.

How strange though.... playing Northern Soul, Motown and funk and yet having a strict door policy. Doesn't that go against everything soul stands for?

Yes, three musical styles that were born among the working class. I doubt whether the owners of this new bar have any idea what Northern Soul is. To them it is most likely a buzz word that they've picked up.

Archived