New pub on West Street

jt33

Dress codes just remove your individuality, you have to dress to their specification, it's like wearing a school uniform and I for one won't be told what to wear by anybody.

I think dress codes are in place to keep some people out. If you turned up wearing a hoody and some crap trainers it think it would be fair to knock you back for not making the effort.

I depends, you could be wearing a Viviene Westwood hoody (about £300) and Air Max 95 trainers (about £170), surely they would want someone with that much disposable income ?

If the "undesirables" get turned away from a pub they are actually clever enough to go to Tom Man the next day and buy a nice shirt, some nice trousers and some sensible shoes and then get in.

Another thing, who says you have to "make an effort", it's not a wedding your going to, it's a pub for a few pints, it's supposed to be relaxed not an interrogation by the "fashion" police.

I depends, you could be wearing a Viviene Westwood hoody (about £300) and Air Max 95 trainers (about £170), surely they would want someone with that much disposable income ?

If the "undesirables" get turned away from a pub they are actually clever enough to go to Tom Man the next day and buy a nice shirt, some nice trousers and some sensible shoes and then get in.

Another thing, who says you have to "make an effort", it's not a wedding your going to, it's a pub for a few pints, it's supposed to be relaxed not an interrogation by the "fashion" police.

Nick I think your being a bit silly, dress codes these days don't mean coller & tie and a pair of shiney shoes and you know this. You know the kind of undesirables they won't be wanting in here, and I say good on them, keep them out.

PS.......If your shopping at Viviene Westwood, buy a nice shirt not an hoody top.

I think they really are trying to keep idiots our of their bar. Not make a social comment. Yes we all know you cant judge somebody by the colour of their shoes.

But door staff do a difficult job, and have to make decisions sometimes based on "the look" of somebody.

If "somebody" is well presented, they wont be challenged on the door, its really that simple.

man alive ! dress code can mean anything it code mean dress code i.e. fashion stylist on the door, this has been going off in London, Nottingham, Leeds etc for ages !

good luck to them ! Sheffield city centre is rubbish a the moment and needs investment by many different types of bars not only the chav types !

I personally welcome this and think it is years overdue !!!!!

Archived