New pub on West Street

jt33

Whats all the negativity, there is a some of us who want to go to nicer bars and are prepared to pay higher prices for our drinks even on west street, so if its not for you then stop being so damn negative and stick to your usall type of pubs.

"I depends, you could be wearing a Viviene Westwood hoody (about £300) and Air Max 95 trainers (about £170), surely they would want someone with that much disposable income"

yes but you have to admit wether its a vivienne westwood hoodie or a juicy coutour tracksuit its still chav wear and I wouldnt class a tracksuit as smarwear doesnt matter how much it costs.

And if you have got a high disposable income than you can definatly afford to wear smart evening wear.

And if you have got a high disposable income than you can definatly afford to wear smart evening wear.

But why would I want to, just to go to a pub ?

I'm not James Bond, I'm not wearing a tuxedo for a night on the town.

Well then go to another pub, this one isnt obviously for you :huh:

Obviously not, it's for people who like to be told what to wear when their out enjoying themselves and people who think that wearing a "smart" outfit somehome makes you more refined.

No doubt it will attract the viciously tanned Crystal Staurday night crowd .

well as a female, and I can say this for a lot of my mates we like dressing up doing our hair, nails and going to nicer bars,

I can wear my casual clothes in the day at weekends, my spotswear to the gym, my tailored suits to work so why not have going out wear????

Obviously not, it's for people who like to be told what to wear when their out enjoying themselves and people who think that wearing a "smart" outfit somehome makes you more refined.

No doubt it will attract the viciously tanned Crystal Staurday night crowd .

If a pub wishes to be "up-market" then good luck to them, not everyeone has to fall in line with "West Street" policy type of pubs

If all the pubs were the same it would be a boring world.

People complain about the lack of upper class pubs in Sheffield and have to go to Manchester/London (ring any bells here) and when one comes along, it gets slated ... even before it opens.

What type of pub do you want ?, you always appear so negative, so what is a positive pub for you ?

I totally agree with SPIDERPETE,

I think Sheffield nightlife in general is going down the drain whatever your into or whatever you prefer to wear so we should all be happy for a new venue opening cause it mite become something big. Places like Gatecrasher, Niche etc put sheffield nightlife on the map with these clubs gone we need new places to open!

People complain about the lack of upper class pubs in Sheffield and have to go to Manchester/London (ring any bells here) and when one comes along, it gets slated ... even before it opens.

What type of pub do you want ?, you always appear so negative, so what is a positive pub for you ?

I don't go to Manchester/London for the classy bars, quite the opposite.

A good pub is one with no pretentions, good beer, good music, decent decor and interesting different people.

Archived