The Mangla on Spital Hill

Donn&Kenn

I was looking for a good curry house, and on your recommendations ordered a take away from The Mangla...and got food poisoning! The naans were like bricks, the curry was awful, and they bought the wrong rice. Total rip off! We were all ill off 4 days. My advice is steer clear.

Originally posted by Donn&Kenn

I was looking for a good curry house, and on your recommendations ordered a take away from The Mangla...and got food poisoning! The naans were like bricks, the curry was awful, and they bought the wrong rice. Total rip off! We were all ill off 4 days. My advice is steer clear.

there's always one funny bugger...:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

you only have to dive past early evenings and see all the black cabs parked outside,if the asian taxi drivers use it then it has to be good food,and how barbie and ken can slag off the naan breads is beyond me..first time i saw one i thought the waiter was bringing a clean table clothe it was that big:)

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear.......we had a mangla last night it was aweful......got no naan bread or rice with the order,we got lime pickle instead of mango chutney and after waiting an hour it came stone cold..fair enough after a phone call they brought the rice etc but it was ages commin..also i do like my curry hot but this one was so hot it was inedible........ive been using the mangla years,since it was just a little cafe further down the road infact but not anymore:| :| :|

I had a couple of bad experiences last week. Kormas so hot they were inedible x 2. Then we rang to order a delivery, it didn't turn up. They apologised and gave us our next order free. It's been fine since.

Must have been a new chef or order taker to mess up like that.

Archived