Who Remembers The Wapentake?

gossip!!!!! i need some Gossip !!!!!

No news yet :huh: not even any stories about the reunion this year on Xmas Eve :hihi: I was thinking about turning up this year but alas it wasn't to be :sad:

Never mind there's always next year :P:hihi:

:wave:jackie

Come on where's the gossip from the Christmas Eve reunion

• 4 weeks later...
I remember the Wap well, had some great nights in the old place. Remember one night when a couple of scooter boys turned up, when they went back outside their scooters had been stripped into neat piles

gossip !!!!!!!!!!!! I need gossip

Vaguely remember rumours about that incident :suspect: does anyone one know who did it :evil: ermmmmmmmm !!!! Could be eric / wolfie and co but wouldn;t swear to it just heard about it can't clarify it tho : wink::wink: later jackie :wave:

• 2 weeks later...
Lester came off the Lowedges estate and he had an older brother whose name escapes me, I keep thinking Charlie but it wont click.

One of the interesting things about the Wap was the way the same faces tended to stay in the same places, by the table football area the catholic girls, by the pinball and first booth soldier, by the juke box Kaz and the football crowd, by the speaker Sean, Julie, at the far end, Suz, Robert, Andy

I could go on but you get the picture.

Only moved to paddle to the toilets, go and try and persuade DJ Ken NOT to play any more Jethro Tull or go to the bar to get another bottle.

I've just edited my punctuation a bit and yes I know it's still not perfect but I'm old.

I was the one that was always sat in the first booth with Soldier, Warren, Sam, Sophie, Big Martin, Kath, Joy, Darren, Eve <I'll add some more names when I can remember them> and I was one of the guys playing pinball with Soldier along with Felix and Warren when he wasn't so off his head.

We would turn up bang on 7pm Saturday night after leaving hornblower. I would often take a break from pinball and played table football.

Second booth was occupied by Felix, Rachael, Sue, Claire. Felix is the one wearing red XMAS hat in this photo http://www.thewookie.co.uk/rock/trev-reunited/img022.jpg

Soldier would always unscrew the lighbulb in the first 2 booth every Saturday night without fail to make that corner darker. It took Olga a couple of years to come up with a solution. She used perspex screwed over the hole housing the bulb. If you see the covering in Casbah that the history of why it there.

jackielynne, you've come up with a lot of names that aren't that common that I reconised. I think we may have crossed paths some time or another but I don't quite recall your name.

I've got 100s of photos, some undeveloped, just never got round to scaning them.

Edited by John

Lester rings a bell, if he was Soldier mate then he too was on the pinball machine.

I was the one that was always sat in the first booth with Soldier, Warren, Sophie, Big Martin, Kath, Joy, Darren, <I'll add some more names when I can remember them> e.t.c. and I was one of the guys playing pinball with Soldier along with Warren when he wasn't so off his head.

We would turn up bang on 7pm Saturday night after leaving hornblower. I would often take a break from pinball and played table football.

Second booth was occupied by Felix, Rachael, Sue. Felix is the one wearing red XMAS hat in this photo http://www.thewookie.co.uk/rock/trev-reunited/img022.jpg

Soldier would always unscrew the lighbulb in the first 2 booth every Saturday night without fail to make that corner darker. It took Olga a couple of years to come up with a solution. She used perspex screwed over the hole housing the bulb. If you see the covering in Casbah that the history of why it there.

jackielynne, you've come up with a lot of names that aren't that common that I reconised. I think we may have crossed paths some time or another but I don't quite recall your name.

I've got 100s of photos, some undeveloped, just never got round to scaning them.

heh at soldier unscrewing the bulb :P

and i got about a bit.......id sit in any of the booths depending on which i could get in or who i was sat with, aswell as near the table footy or sat right at the back wall.

i always remember sitting a lot with you, warren, soldier, big martin and wolfie.

aswell as the thrashers near the footy table

gossip !!!!!!!!!!!! I need gossip

Did you ever hear about an incident involving 100s of free cadbury cream eggs being handed out outside Rebels where Tim got arrested?

Big Tim appears in Fox photo collection, 2nd from bottom with Les in same photo frame.

heh at soldier unscrewing the bulb :P

and i got about a bit.......id sit in any of the booths depending on which i could get in or who i was sat with, aswell as near the table footy or sat right at the back wall.

i always remember sitting a lot with you, warren, soldier, big martin and wolfie.

aswell as the thrashers near the footy table

I can remember seeing you around but I don't think we ever talked back then. I certaintly saw you hanging around with Weir (RIP) a lot who I spoke to quite often when he was down City hall Drop on Friday nights.

Now Wolfie, I have a problem picturing his face here. The name is very familiar in fact, I think I may know 2 different people going by this name Wolf / Wolfie as to why I am having problems.

Is Wolf the big guy who broke Martin nose?

Edited by John