Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Wolf worked on the door of the Wap before doing a stint on the door of the Hornblower this must of been in the mid eighties.

He also had for a time a stained glass business with a shop at the end of South road Walkley.

There was a wolfie but I can't picture him but he was around a long time before wolf

i said wolfie but meant wolf i was trying to be casual :P

wolf always hung around the doors or the booths, i can picture him in my head, not sure i can describe him tho lol

always wore a camo jacket?

wasnt particularly big so.............i really really doubt he hit big martin lol, i used to talk to wolf a lot

it was the time when "chris"? with the dog taz was on the doors

I rarely saw him in Wap probably because he worked nights but Wolf (Wulf) is built like a brick and I would say he is far harder than Big Martin.

Wolfie however was a regular and is definately another person who you may be thinking of. I think, but I am not 100% sure if I am thinking of the correct person here, but he always wore a cap like this http://www.twenga.co.uk/offer/47066/6212635864846787619.html and he helped out in the burger van outside Rebels in late 80s. Since you've mentioned the camo jacket I am begining to think this is the right person.

Edited by John

no wolfie didn't break martin's nose. He was married to joy allender. was also maim leader fer the crazy wolves, as to he other wolf don't think i know him.

If you have a look at the rock reunited pag 26 / 27 I 'm the one on the left in purple . I'm not blaming anyone regarding dismantling and piling up of scooters :D just heard the rumour n think i know / knew who it was .

jackie xxx

I know of a wilf :huh: but still don't think i know a wolf or wulf. :confused: I bet you are :gag: n it may well be the same wolfie (laid back n easy to get on with known to play on the table football but not very often) you talking about but he not built like a brick s**t house n he a lot smaller than big martin there again most people are !!!!! :hihi.

:D n just a few more names to see if you regognise any of em Big Mick Ward, Jack Manuel Marilyn, Sylvia, Lorraine. Jackie, Kath wragg. Julie. Julia, Paul, Phil. Sha / roni , Shaz , maggie nickie John Marcia, liz lon. pete. Ian, Ian Bennet, Jean n kenny jones, Andy bownes, les wright john nicholson etc Oh and me of course Jackie Manuel nee Ball.

have a look at the description of me somewhere on this thread .n I'm sure you'll remember me. Im still alive n kicking (tho my nose is somewhat smaller than it used to be) usually to be found in The Sportsman or Nelson on a Saturday night :thumbsup:

Howz about that then just to confuse you even more john catchya later jackie :wave:

Soz John

but I think you've got me mixed up with someone else :huh:: maybe another jackie.

I know a chris who used to work at the City hall ( at least I think that was his name) when bands were on. :confused:

Don't think I know the name weir :P but cud be wrong!!!!

Most certainly never hung around with him as such.

Might have said hello now n then n had the odd conversation but that was as far as it went. Never went out with him if thats what you mean n we probably had friends and interests in common to talk about later jackie:wave:

I remember the Wapentake well. Started going there in 1978, played therre in a band called Renegade a few times. I also knew the doormen Mick and Trev, as well as a lot of the others mentioned. Haven't been to the Casbah, but I bet it's not the same.

Web

I knew Mick and Trev too. Might know you too bassman. Did you do a gig at Mr Kites and The Limit?

:hihi: again loopy lass.

Long time since you've been on the forum spreading news about the wop . :cool:

You sure you don't know me.:P I was a regular in The Wap from 1975 onwards. :headbang I also know a mick and trevor who used to work on the door at the Wop but they probably not the same one's I know / knew way back then. :gag:

There's still a good description of me (done by me) somewhere on this thread (roundabout page 13 I think ) but cud be wrong

The mick I thinking about had half a thumb missing wore (as a matter of fact still does) John Lennon type glasses used to live in Wath now lives in Sheffield has done fer a long long time. :)

There's some recent pics of me on facebook and The Rock reunited site if you want to find out who I am. ( jackie's page or pics, p27 ) if you interested :lol:

Soz there are no old one's of me on there yet as still waiting fer steve or wallbuilder to scan em fer me :help: as upto christmas I didn't have a decent scanner, Now got a decent one but an't worked out how to use it yet later jackie :wave: xxx