Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Have you noticed how many people who are into rock have been into rock for decades. I'd like to see if the youngsters of today are still into the music [i use that word carefully] that is playing in the clubs they frequent in ten years time let alone twenty or thirty..

Have you noticed how many people who are into rock have been into rock for decades. I'd like to see if the youngsters of today are still into the music [i use that word carefully] that is playing in the clubs they frequent in ten years time let alone twenty or thirty..

It will be interesting to see:)

A lot of the old regulars now have kids who are into Rock (including myself) so maybe it will just be passed on from generation to generation:)

I agree liz but unfortunately neither Of my 2 girls like heavy Metal :gag: or Rock. :gag:They just think it's wierd n far 2 loud :headbang: Yet they both into wierdy things like bass n blues Boo Hoo :cry::loopy: Soz the older one likes 90's Disco :hihi: n their dad don't like heavy Rock neither so they certainly don't take afta me. Nowt betta than a nite in Nelly n less of the old plz not on zimmer frame yet

But there again wots the point listening 2 Heavy Rock :headbang: when it's turned right down. cya later tonight prob in Nelson bout 10ish :wave: jackie

I agree liz but unfortunately neither Of my 2 girls like heavy Metal :gag: or Rock. :gag:They just think it's wierd n far 2 loud :headbang: Yet they both into wierdy things like bass n blues Boo Hoo :cry::loopy: Soz the older one likes 90's Disco :hihi: n their dad don't like heavy Rock neither so they certainly don't take afta me. Nowt betta than a nite in Nelly n less of the old plz not on zimmer frame yet

But there again wots the point listening 2 Heavy Rock :headbang: when it's turned right down. cya later tonight prob in Nelson bout 10ish :wave: jackie

long live rock foreverrrrrr

Yo Fox20tbc:?:

looked at your pics again today :D n I can say I recognized quite a few of em. Is Dolby aka Martin Bellamy.:?: Kirk n Dave still go in Nelson positive I've seen em a few times:thumbsup:

Recognized you I think pic 10 girl middle left stood next to Chris. Is that You Ann:?::) Mands looked vaguely familiar but couldn't see her properly coz of bottle in front of her face.

Fink we gettin there finally.:heyhey: see a bit of: help gets u there in end. later jackie:wave:

Trying to re-create some of the best music from this period, see the below details, on THURSDAYS at the Dove....any suggestions for classic songs, please let me know, as really want to put together one hell of a definitive playlist that captures the spirit of this time and place.....

http://www.tangrammedia.co.uk/dove/images/daze.jpg

If you like your rock extremely archive and of the more psychedelic and progressive slant, then check out our new THURSDAYS at the Dove from this week, as we do something totally different to our other nights and feature an entire evening of classic rock from the 60's and 70's crypt...

Think like a blend of Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Hawkwind, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Chicago, T Rex, Rolling Stones, Beatles (magical mystery tour era), Uriah Heep, Procol Harum, The Animals, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Love, Gong, Free, Moody Blues, ET AL and you have a vague idea of what its about......a weekly festival of psychedelic gems that will evolve week by week.......

We don;t know where its going but we will know when it gets there.........some psychedelic classic rock bands will feature on this night in the future too.....

GROOVY BABY

It will be interesting to see:)

A lot of the old regulars now have kids who are into Rock (including myself) so maybe it will just be passed on from generation to generation:)

I guess you could say I'm a Wapentake offspring, my parents went a lot in the 70s :)

My taste in music has definitely been influenced by my Mum and Dad, no doubt about it. I hope if I have kids, they'll have that same passion for music (I'll just make sure I play a lot of Pink Floyd when they're growing up, like my dad did with me) :D