Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Hi again people.

We have been having a few technical problems in the last couple of weeks over at http://www.rockreunited.co.uk.. It seems that overall we were getting too many visits and plusnet decided to suspend part of my webspace (not the rockreunited bit). However the good news is that I have bitten the bullet and paid for (subscribed to) a professional web hosting service, allowing a massive amount of web traffic and 1.5 gigs of content, allowing me to put the whole of my content in one efficient place, and allowing me to work on it from both home and my workplace for the first time.

Hopefully from now, you will notice smoother service and better overall content on the greater website especially now I can add all the music content again since I am not struggling for space.

I have been catching up with a few comments and photos which I have recieved by e-mail and tried to freshen up some of the links and graphics. Unfortunately the Buccaneer link has gone dead, but maybe the guy will sort it out if I can find his e-mail.

In the next week I am planning to improve the navigation in the Rock reunited section because I have to apply any changes to 27 pages when a new page comes.

jackielynne, did you send me a good version of your pics ? I can only find very blurred ones that you sent me. Maybe someone can scan them for you. If you live close by, Wallbuilder or myself might be able to arrange that for you..

:)

:wave:muddycoffee

You Roy or Steve. :?:

Yes I did send some photo's in recently. It took me hours to scan em so when eventually managed it quite pleased wiv results.:hihi: Even printed a copy of em off to check they ok.

I thougt they were quite good but obviously not if they still blurred.:help: it's either that or I'm getting senile :huh:

Can only put that down to my camera or scanner coz it's getting rather old. So prob a good :idea:fer someone else to scan em for me as I've been driven to distraction wiv my scanner

I live on Fulton Rd Walkley if that any good to you:?: so ye can drop off my three photo's if you based in town. cheers jackie l8a:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone remember Lester Hague?

And who remembers the older guy (forgot his name) who always stood by the same pillar on an afternoon, had a very old motorbike, lived at Ecclesfield..everyone knew him and he was murdered (I heard for being gay). I think he used to always wear a camoflage jacket and a cap.

Lester came off the Lowedges estate and he had an older brother whose name escapes me, I keep thinking Charlie but it wont click.

One of the interesting things about the Wap was the way the same faces tended to stay in the same places, by the table football area the catholic girls, by the pinball and first booth soldier, by the juke box Kaz and the football crowd, by the speaker Sean, Julie, at the far end, Suz, Robert, Andy

I could go on but you get the picture.

Only moved to paddle to the toilets, go and try and persuade DJ Ken NOT to play any more Jethro Tull or go to the bar to get another bottle.

I've just edited my punctuation a bit and yes I know it's still not perfect but I'm old.

Lester came off the Lowedges estate and he had an older brother whose name escapes me, I keep thinking Charlie but it wont click.

One of the interesting things about the Wap was the way the same faces tended to stay in the same places, by the table football area, the catholic girls, by the pinball and first booth, soldier by the juke box ,Kaz and the football crowd, by the speaker Sean, Julie at the far end, Suz, Robert, Andy

I could go on but you get the picture.

Only moved to paddle to the toilets, go and try and persuade DJ Ken NOT to play any more Jethro Tull or go to the bar to get another bottle.

hmmmmmm

ive always known soldier by the pinball (i was in late 80s / early 90s)

Is the guy with the long red hair Bloomdigo:?:. by any chance He's on the first group photo sat wiv roy in the middle knew him reasonably well I think. Hasn't he said he's a phil. looks like a guy I know called Phil Irving. l8a jackie:wave:

Bloomdigo??? No pictures of me on there but several of people I knew, mainly Caz (Caroline Hukin) who went out with the DJ whose name escapes me. He used to do Rebels. I was on the door at the Wap for a while back in 1980.

:hihi::wave: bloomdido

Soz got your username name wrong :confused: but wallbuilder has described several guy's to me with long red hair n beard's who used to frequent rebels. wap n Kgb. can't know em all :loopy:but I might do.

Is the guy's name Chris :D if not you on the photo I mentioned. Face Still looks familar but can't put a name to it. Still think I knew him reasonably well tho. l8a jackie: wave:

Sorry Mel I put my punctuation in the wrong places, I'll have to go back and edit it. Soldier was practically welded /chained to the pinball.

Jackie the guy in the pic is a very bad one of Chris who used to work on the door of the Wap and had a dog called Taz. He does look very young and so that probably causes the confusion.

:wave: Hi wallbuilder

Thanx fer the reply regarding Chris. :D Thats made my day. Confirms that I'm not totally senile after all.and memory still serve's me reasonably well at times.

Def knew chris reasonably well and have drunk a few wiv him in the past. Don't think he'd remember me tho but we but did stand at top of stairs in wap fer a few conversations dependin on various degree's of drunkeness. l8a jackie:wave: