Who Remembers The Wapentake?

:hihi: Shabarker

Can't help wiv big Martin. He's supposed to be getting married sometime soon. :suspect: When Last heard of he was frequenting the Dove n Rainbow on a fri day nite. that was about 6 months ago Wolfie Aka Eric still alive n kicking on his third marriage. Les Dj still working as a Dj Sat night in The Nelson. Soldier can also be found in The Nelson or Sportsman on a Sat nite or Dove n Rainbow roundabout 4.00 ish most days of the week hope this helps cheers jackie:wave:

blimey - the nicks from these threads have turned my Sunday Fiasco into a RIOT - pls if anyone can get in touch with

Wolfy

Soldier

Big Martin

'Chelle

Les the DJ

anyone from the Wap/Rebs/Yorkie from mid '80's onward

love you all and miss you like crazy - pls come down to Deepest Darkest Devon by the Sea for a visit my Angel's

Dont remember a Wolfy but Soldier & Michelle can be found on Saturday nights in the Dove n Rainbow, Nelson or Corporation.

Lez is still Djing in the Nelson.

Martin I havn't seen for about 5 years dont know what became of him maybe someone else can enlighten us?

Can't help wiv big Martin. He's supposed to be getting married sometime soon. :suspect: When Last heard of he was frequenting the Dove n Rainbow on a fri day nite. that was about 6 months ago Wolfie Aka Eric still alive n kicking on his third marriage. Les Dj still working as a Dj Sat night in The Nelson. Soldier can also be found in The Nelson or Sportsman on a Sat nite or Dove n Rainbow roundabout 4.00 ish most days of the week hope this helps cheers jackie:wave:

Snap pipped me to the post by a second:hihi:

I still see Eric / Wolfie on a Wednesday n sometimes sat afternoons in The Swim. Him and his wife are still some of my best mates n have been since about 1979 - 80 when I used to frequent Sportsman. Nelson. Wap n Rebs regularly these days Its about once or twice a week when I get to Sportsman later jackie:wave:

Oh blimey I must know you then - I moved away from Sheff years ago, umm how would you know me, really tall and leggy (usually peroxide blonde - or green after using 'Sun In' then swimming).

Used to wear lots of black leather boots Me and big Mart would always be sat together at the back table @ the sportmans or Yorkie or right in front of Les's desk in the Wap - first time I ever met Wolfie was when I first went to the Wap and the lager was 49p a half - Newkies were £1.20 and he followed me up the stairs and bit me on the bum!!!

I was with a well known chappie called Rob Fearnley with the big red Kawasaki - ring any bells yet???

I used to go in the Wapentake just after it had opened (can't remember what year), it was quite a class place then. Must have been right at the start of the 70's.

I remember standing with my arm round my girlfriend shoulder and getting a tap on my back from one of the staff, and her saying 'I'm sory we don't allow that sort of thing in here'.

I didn't go in after that, but reading the rest of the thread the place must have changed alot in years following.

I remember the Wapentake well. Started going there in 1978, played therre in a band called Renegade a few times. I also knew the doormen Mick and Trev, as well as a lot of the others mentioned. Haven't been to the Casbah, but I bet it's not the same.

Web

I saw you play in there and can recall the singer from Renegade. I once went to a gig of yours in Leeds and no-one turned up.