Who Remembers The Wapentake?

I used to go in the Wapentake just after it had opened (can't remember what year), it was quite a class place then. Must have been right at the start of the 70's.

I remember standing with my arm round my girlfriend shoulder and getting a tap on my back from one of the staff, and her saying 'I'm sory we don't allow that sort of thing in here'.

I didn't go in after that, but reading the rest of the thread the place must have changed alot in years following.

LOL - it must have changed since then, when I was there mid - '80's it was a mad, crazy dive Sportmans, Yorkie, Wap then on to Rebels - those were the days ;)

Sharbarker:hihi:

:wave:

Sorry the description of you rings no bells :banana:

I must know you too if you knew Eric, n joy, little anne ( bambi ) martin, Soldier,Michelle (they still together by the way) n les still see em all now n then in sportsman, les regularly in the nelson occassionally in Co-operation.

Don't know if you knew Andy Bownes but I'm sorry to say he passed away on 29th December 07 went to his funeral in Jan n I still Can't believe he is no longer with us :sad:

As I said Martin supposed to be getting married :suspect: don't know when just sometime soon n that was two years ago.

When last heard of him he wasn't married upto bout 6 months ago

The red kawasakii rings a bell very slightly but Rob Fearnley not sure there's a slight inkling I know the name n prob the person as well

Eric did much the same with me smacked me on the bum now n then in fact still does. He ain't changed much just older n wiser like the rest of us old rockers.

If you want to know who I am There's a description of me somewhere on this thread Quite a good one I think tho I no longer have the big hooked nose its just somewhat smaller than it used to be but I'm still easily recognisable.

later jackie:wave:

Its clicked :huh:

Told you I'm still easily recognizable, Gather you've read my description of me quite a good one don't you think tho my hairs no longer redd brown n gold its chesnut brown at the mo soon to be straeked with lighter highlights soon as my youngest daughter can find the time to do it : help: Can't say the same about you tho :confused: jackie

:wave:Probably Nelson about 10ish maybe a little later,:hihi: Before then possibly Sportsman. Devonshire Cat or Washington. so might see u then but you might have to come up to me n say hi ok.:cool: so look forward to being re-aquainted over a pint prob be wiv husband possibly not as its my sisters birthday on sat or two cheers jackie