Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Dickens was great if a bit far to go and we used to sit in the corner where for some reason there was a coffin lid.

For a time the toilet doors weren't labeled or signed and so you'd see blokes usually going into the ladies and then scuttling out looking embarassed.

As far as the wap was concerned I suppose quite a few people I knew were coming up to that time in life where marriage starts to rear up and then kids, now that will put a crimp on your social life.

Some of the old wap customers have flown off to warmer climes i know of two at least in New Zealand,one in Australia and one in Canada. thanks to e-mails so I keep in sporadic contact with them

/QUOTE] I was in the Wap during the late 60 used to give away demo discs I still have a Black Sabath disc from there- I had two 3 brotheres with me as well- Hag was the oldest.

:hihi: Nefartari.

Told you you would remember me if you saw those pics on rock reunited sght. Do you reckon I have changed a lot since those rebels days.:lol:

I think I have :thumbsup: even tho The nose job hasn't changed my features too much i am much changed overall.

I am no where near as quiet as I used to be and definately not as shy as I was then. Still into the Rock Scene tho and still adore judas Priest and Meatloaf. :headbang: And I can still be found in the Nelson and Sportsman Sat nights. Downstairs by the Black gates in the Nelson and usually over by the Dj box in the Sportsman just across from him actually near the quiz machine, 8) So if you out n about in Town sat nights and you want to get reaquainted come over n say hi later jackie:wave:

:hihi: panda79

Ye I remember Badger and Stanley,:nod: Still see badger now n then in The Star n Garter but sadly stan passed away about 10 yrs ago:sad: due to being homeless and an alcoholic. Sounds like we know / knew each other with you mentioning badger n stan so I letting you know I still married to jack n still see Eric / Wolfie n his third wife Annemarie. at least once a week. later jackie:wave:

i:hihi: linny

Sorry still don't recognize the name but if you were in the Wap roundabout 72 till at least 84 there's a good chance we klnow or knew each other from those days.:thumbsup:

Your memory serves you correctly :hihi: there was a club about halfway down the moor called the Hoffenbrough tho i don't remember a club with a girly name :suspect:

Just thought about another one Genevieve's that was on charter row. Could be that one you're thinking about.:?:

The only other one you might be thinking about was on Charles St called Faces might have been shades fer awhile :lol:

I think then it changed to The Underground metro or sommat like that then became the Charles St.

There I go again showing my age :blush: there's just no getting away from it

Sadly it closed down about 1976 / 77. Tho the building is all shut up and nigh on derelict it still has the club name hung up outside.

The only other club I can think of is Josephines Barkers Pool And what is now Embrace used to be Kingdom later jackie :wave:

Hiya Jacke, no I don't think you look 'from your photos' as if you've changed a lot, but then I never think people will recognise me for some reason but they always do, even if I haven't seen them for years :hihi: So perhaps we ourlseves think we've changed but haven't :suspect::hihi:

:hihi: nefertari

Thanks Didn't think I had really changed that much to look at :suspect:

Tho i do look ever so slightly different without my nose being so large.

I Really think the change is the person I am now not the person I was in the mid 70's.

All I can say is that you will have to judge for yourself when and if you get into the Nelson or Sprtsman at some point, Be great if we get re -accquainted ? "Here's looking at yoiu kiddo" speak soon hopefully catch ya l8a jackie :wave:

Hiya jackie I wish I could but I don't get in to town at night at all these days :( I have two young children, my husband works evenings and I live quite a long way out of otwn now, so all in all I'm not destined to go :gag:

It's a shame because I would love to meet up with you and some other old faces.

:hihi: Nefertari

I am sorry to hear that. :sad: and I agree it is a shame that we are unable to meet up after all these years but still you never know it might happen one day. A good night can be had in The Nelson still. :lol: Many old faces still go in there regularly (mostly on a sat night ) as well as the Sportsman on Cambridge st

I have got in touch with so many people through this thread and tho I haven't met up with all them I am in touch with quite a lot of em because of this thread.:thumbsup:

:bigsmile: Even tho I don't know many of em personally (I am getting there slowly very slowly n hoping to meet up with some of em soon :wink:n there will be one hell of a party I'm sure: partyhat:

I am also married 25 yrs this feb just gone.I have two girls as well 18 and 22. And soon going to become a nan n I'm only just 52 it is a strange feeling I must admit but I am getting used to the idea.

If you want to talk privately and you are on msn You can get in touch with me on Msn live (tho I don't have a web cam i'm afraid) Jackie_lynne@hotmail.co.uk. I'm also on Facebook if you are interested in what I am doing along with a few more recent photo's of me and mine. Anyway nefartari Speak to you soon . Keep well and happy keep on :headbang:ing n long may rock reign catchya l8a jackie :wave: