Who Remembers The Wapentake?

AAAh memories of the Wap! I hung around in there for several years on Friday and Saturdays mainly, late 80's. Me and a guy named Tink were considered a double act of sorts. I was about the only shaven headed chap in there, but was accepted fine! Used to live in the corner table by the pinball machine. Name of Matt. Any one remember?

Ha Ha! Ey up bro!!!! :D

Does anyone remember Chick? He was a regular in the Wap around the late 80's/early 90's. I've just heard that he was found dead in his flat a couple of days ago. I think someone is organising a bit of a rememberance do in the peace Gardens, next saturday at midday.

Just had a text to say that "Chick's funeral is at City Road cemetery on Friday 15th Jan at 3.15pm. Going for a proper send off at Star and Garter behind Uni Arts Tower".

Just had a text to say that "Chick's funeral is at City Road cemetery on Friday 15th Jan at 3.15pm. Going for a proper send off at Star and Garter behind Uni Arts Tower".

ooh i might be able to make that...weather permitting, im supposed to be going to see the meteors that night at the casbah

Does anyone remember Chick? He was a regular in the Wap around the late 80's/early 90's. I've just heard that he was found dead in his flat a couple of days ago. I think someone is organising a bit of a rememberance do in the peace Gardens, next saturday at midday.

Yes folks im afraid this sad news is true ... Froggy and I have organised a bit of a get together on Saturday meeting at the peace gardens for old times sake around 12ish then onto the Sportsman and then where ever the day takes us .. hope to see a lot of old faces the response has been immense.

The time we have is 13:15 for the funeral i will get it checked out.

i remember he wap well... mainly as it was full of 'bikers' who didn't own a bike lol one of the reasons i didn't wear a leather at the time was so i wasn't associated wit these posers...

I was one of those bikers who went in the wap , i owned a ducati in 75 and have never had a car licence , i still ride a bike ( 1100 cc guzzi ) and have done over 400,000 miles in 36 years of being a biker . ( i've owned 17 bikes at the moment ) and still wear a leather !!!

i still go to the nelson, sportsman and dove & rainbow on a regular basis , and still get to the odd gig now and again . ( i get my bus pass in 3 years , lol, but will still get my bike out ) i'm not one of these week-end ,fine weather riders .

as well as going to the wap , i went to the buccaneer, nelson ,and the minerva was a biker/rock pub of which i have fond memories .

Cheers for that. I got told he'd died, but I didn't know about anything happening in the Peace Gardens.