Who Remembers The Wapentake?

• 1 month later...

I was in a shop in town the other day and saw someone I recognised, we both automatically said Hi and then ''where do I know you from'' ? :hihi:

Turns out we remembered one anothers faces from the Wap but didn't know each other :hihi:

The Wap was like that though wasn't it, you saw people week in week out for years and even if you never spoke to them you knew their faces so well.

So if that person reads this, Hi it's me again !

The old faces are now of course aging disgracefully but it is certainly true you did tend to recognise one another . Used to go out to Matlock Bath on a sunday and play 'spot the Wap regular' and when I do bump into some-one nowadays we usually start chatting as though we only saw each other last week rather than the couple of decades it now is.

Yes it feels like yesterday to me. I was telling someone about seeing this lady in town and she said ''Wow ! that was good then recognising you'' ! :suspect::suspect: So I said ''well it's only erm, how long since ???.....when the Wap closed, perhaps 1994 ish????????? ''Well that's nearly twenty years ago'' she says !!!:gag:

• 2 weeks later...

With ref. to Chris Heaps, Sheffield NWoBHM band Panza Division/Lonely Hearts mainman Glenn Marples is playing a gig at the Boardwalk on Sunday 24th Oct. Billed as "Glenn Marples & friends (friends being Andy Fisher - Lonely Hearts, Andy Barrott - Geddes Axe/Chrome Molly, Alan Bark - Seventh Son) the band will be playing songs by Panza Division, Lonely Hearts (Chris roadied for both bands on many occasions) and some new songs recorded recently. Proceeds from the event, which remembers Chris and Dave Kilner, will go to "Help a child have a chance" - I think this is what used to be the "Help a Hallam Child" charity. Further noise on the night will be provided by DJ Lez.