Who Remembers The Wapentake?

Originally posted by WallBuilder

http://www.borracho.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rock/index7.shtml

Here is the link to the latest collection of people who could be found in the Wap in the early to mid 80's, one or two should look familiar if it's only the DJ

Before you ask I didn't include one of myself , don't want to scare you all awaay.

Cracking pictures....they should have gone to spec savers. In the late 70’s I had John Lennon type glasses...I thought I looked really cool until someone said I reminded her of Himmler.

:(

Anyone got any picture from the 70's...?

Originally posted by dawny1

I miss the Wap- Puke proof floor and plastic glasses, lads standing next to speakers head banging while playing their beer bottles. Them were the days. :(

i never saw any of the 1980 - 81 MODS take refuge in this watering hole...I WONDER WHY NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by stevie1957

The Wapentake...Freebird (live version) blasting out and plastic pint pots. I never saw much trouble in there....Apart from the druids trying to impress people and failing miserably. :hihi:

Don't let on....but i've still got Kens 12" Copy of Freebird on vinyl!!!

I borrowed it in about 1995 and never got to giving it him back...

Sorry Ken, i'm looking after it honest! :blush:

Originally posted by beansforyou

Don't let on....but i've still got Kens 12" Copy of Freebird on vinyl!!!

I borrowed it in about 1995 and never got to giving it him back...

Sorry Ken, i'm looking after it honest! :blush:

Do you want to sell it.....:hihi: ssSSSSSHHHHHSSSSssss don't tell Ken

Originally posted by WallBuilder

I think strix here on the forum had the identical complaint my query to her and now to you was 'why didn't you wear leather boots preferably thigh length when coming to the wap'?

My thigh-highs are suede :confused:

I just doused them in enough suede protector to sink a battleship :D

I've since discovered Nikwax do a suede hiking boot protector that works in one application and works. Narks off the shoe shop assistants when you tell them why you won't be buying Scotchguard :hihi:

• 4 weeks later...

Me And My Mates Spent Many A Hour Playing On The Bar Football Tables In The Wap.We'd Be In Most Nights From The Mid Eighties To The Mid Nighties When It Closed.It Was One Of The Few Places I've Seen Bar Football Tables & We Always Got Satisfaction Pummelling Any Newcomers Who Wanted To Try Their Luck.We Must've Put A Fortune In Them Tables Over The Years.

I Can Remember When They Got Coors On Draught In There.A Few Weeks Later They Had A Promotion On With A Free Raffle And Free Pints When You Bought One.My Mate "Won" The Coors Jacket And Me & A Mate "Won" T-Shirts Each.That Was The Good Thing About Olga-She Knew How To Treat The Regulars.A Nice Lady,Who We All Had Respect For.Seemed Odd That An Old Lady Like That Managed A Pub Full Of "So Called" Undesirables.Wonder How She Is These Days.Any Info Would Be Good.(Or Marge).

I Can Also Remember When Some Idiot Chucked A CS Gas Canister Down The Stairs And The Place Had To Be Evacuated.Was Anyone Else There That Night?

If I Remember Rightly The First Time I Went In Was On The Night Iron Maiden Played The First Of Two Nights At The City Hall,So That Would Make It 15/10/86.I Was A Bit Nervous As I Was Only 16 At The Time Though.

Happy Days (And Nights!)