Grimesthorpe School

Grimesthorpe School log books were found at Whiteways School, and have been handed over to Sheffield Archives. They cover the years 1875 to 1893 and 1949 to 1969. After preservation work they will be available to the public. They make fascinating reading and are a stark contrast to school today. Lots of names are mentioned so if you or a family member went there, it could be well worth having a look.

Grimesthorpe School log books were found at Whiteways School, and have been handed over to Sheffield Archives. They cover the years 1875 to 1893 and 1949 to 1969. After preservation work they will be available to the public. They make fascinating reading and are a stark contrast to school today. Lots of names are mentioned so if you or a family member went there, it could be well worth having a look.

Hi chusty,

The current most popular thread on this part of the forum, is anyone from grimesthorpe? and many of us went to Grimesthorpe Junior in the post war period you listed.

Do you come from the area.

I have lived in Grimesthorpe about 20 years and am a governor at Whiteways School which is how I came across the logbooks. I have read them all through and they provide an amazing picture of life in the area, not just at the school. Its just a shame that some logbooks are missing, particularly the war years.

Archived