New on the block. Advice welcome

Hi aiagin Vera

I have been in touch, a few years ago, with a lady called Margaret, her maiden name was Wain, she lived in Candow Street until 1940, she too went to Huntsmans Gardens.

Her mum was Violet Davies who married Percy Wain.

Children: Charlie, Amy, Dennis, Maureen and Margaret.

Do they ring any bells?

Marion

we lived next door to a Mrs Bullivant and Bill Pickering.

in our yard were Bramall, Mortons, Bullivant/Pickering, more Mortons, Hutchinsons, and Osborns.

I now live in Northern Ireland, my brothers and sister still live in Sheffield.

Lovely talking to you

Marion

Thanks Marion I do recall a few of those names but can't place anyone really. Just been looking at my school certicate of attendance from Huntsmans Miss Dickinson head mistress

Vera

Just looking through here and noticed your second message. Nope don't recall any of those names. My sister passed away last year and she was my main sauce of history about Candow. We lived on Westbury st for a short time before I went on the Manor with my parents. She lived at GleaDLESS before she died

Regards Vera.

• 2 months later...

Hi Mad Snail

I am a bit younger than you.born in Attercliffe on Chippingham st not far from your parents shop.I have a few good memories on my Youtube site of the area.Please take a look and send me a message my freind

All the best

Andy m 70sheffieldlad

• 3 years later...

Archived