Honour killings. Why do they do it?

It would be interesting to hear the views of some of the Forum's more prominent right wing / nationalist posters on this one.

Posted this on the wrong thread - should have been in the 'what do you call racism' thread.....

Oh Halibut, Halibut - what are you like :rolleyes:

I thought you were supposed to be a reasonably educated person and you don't know the meaning of several well known sayings ... 'bending over backwards', 'pandering to' and so on?

I really can't understand why you and your ilk can't come out in support of women on these types of threads instead of trying to divert the debate off topic. You'd never stand it for yourself so why accept it for others?

Oh Halibut, Halibut - what are you like :rolleyes:

I thought you were supposed to be a reasonably educated person and you don't know the meaning of several well known sayings ... 'bending over backwards', 'pandering to' and so on?

I really can't understand why you and your ilk can't come out in support of women on these types of threads instead of trying to divert the debate off topic. You'd never stand it for yourself so why accept it for others?

I understand perfectly well what the terms are generally given to mean, but neither yourself or the other poster who brought the term to the conversation has done is describe how exactly we are 'bending over backwards' or 'pandering to' people who commit 'honour' killings. Since the tone of your post suggests that you believe we are, perhaps you could tell me how we are?

Where have I suggested that I accept such killings? I haven't, anywhere, nor would I. It's disingenuous of you to suggest otherwise.

I understand perfectly well what the terms are generally given to mean, but neither yourself or the other poster who brought the term to the conversation has done is describe how exactly we are 'bending over backwards' or 'pandering to' people who commit 'honour' killings. Since the tone of your post suggests that you believe we are, perhaps you could tell me how we are?

Instead perhaps you could tell me why you seem so lukewarm in coming out and openly stating that certain sexist cultural or religious practices are unacceptable. I've never heard of an honour killing of a male for wanting to marry someone other than his parents' arrangement? Or collusion of an entire 'westernised' family in killing someone for their rather dubious 'honour'?

I'm ashamed that that young woman was in Sheffield, and beaten and held prisoner for two weeks and np-one stepped up to the plate to help her. I'm ashamed that she went to the police for help and they made matters worse rather than saving her. Probably because they didn't want to be accused of institutional racism or something?

And although the mother of the man who recently murdered his two children in cold blood because he believed that his wife was having an affair, has sort of tried to make excuses for him, I don't think that applies to rest the of his family, friends or neighbours.

As a woman and a mother, this attitude, and apologists for it, enrage me.

Where have I suggested that I accept such killings? I haven't, anywhere, nor would I. It's disingenuous of you to suggest otherwise.

Is that supposed to be a threat? Very brave, made from behind the anonymous security of your computer screen. Well, as someone else said earlier on this thread, you know where I am all day, come and threaten me to my face.

Is that supposed to be a threat? Very brave, made from behind the anonymous security of your computer screen. Well, as someone else said earlier on this thread, you know where I am all day, come and threaten me to my face.

Of course it isn't a threat. How on earth you manage to read that into it is beyond me. It was a perfectly reasonable response to your intimation that I'm in any way 'accepting' that such killings are reasonable.

Of course it isn't a threat. How on earth you manage to read that into it is beyond me. It was a perfectly reasonable response to your intimation that I'm in any way 'accepting' that such killings are reasonable.

hehehe sorry about that, I'd taken out my contacts ... I thought it said 'dangerous for' :rolleyes:

I thought it was a bit too definite for you really but, hey ho, even a fish can turn nasty sometimes :hihi:

So, now that misunderstanding's been cleared up can you tell me how you think our society panders to, and bends over backwards for, those people who are involved in honour killings?

Or do you not think we do?

Archived