Honour killings. Why do they do it?

jesus that is terrible...

but when you hear about how violent a lot of muslim men are towards women then it doesnt suprise me.

what is it with these muslims..... i just dont get em.

there are a couple of muslims that work at my office and they are lovely nice people who are only too happy to explain their beliefs to others who may be interested... its quite funny how one of them though is the most celebrity obsessed, materialistic girl I have ever met- I thought muslims were against all that? they seem to be a bunch of hypocrites :rolleyes:

I don' think anyone would try to defend murder.

Islam certainly doesn't, so no, probably nobody will.

Someone might point out that this is a cultural issue and not a religious one, and to attack Islam for it makes as much sense as condemning Christianity because some multiple murderer somwhere believed in Jesus.

Mos of the honour killings I've read about in recent years have been by Hindus.

if her brother has ordered her death he should be locked up .the problem is , as in rome do as the romans do . if in england please yourself and make your own laws and judicial system . i dont blame the muslims i blame the britsh legal system which seems affraid to impliment the laws to anyone non christian.

The law would treat the guilty no different, Honour killings are illegal in the same way as other killings, its simply the fact its called "honour killing" that leads to it being classed as different.

Your asking for trouble starting a thread like this.

Your either a racist or just anti-muslim if you say anything other than how peacful a religion they are.

As for killing a family member bringing some kind of honour back.

Well my opinion is they are just a backward and barbaric if they think that it will.

Sometimes I agree with you, but here you're talking balderdash about racism and such.

Any civilised human being regards such things as murder. The people who do it - and it happens in Hindu and Sikh cultures as well as Muslim are murderers and should be treated that way.

They're murderers, their family members who condone it are accessories after the fact.

Simple as that - it's murder, it's against English Law, and they should be prosectuted.

Well theres a certain loophole in peoples ignorances, ie. if your not hypin hindu/muslim religion your a racist, and if your not a hindu/muslim you got no chance in hell of commiting blatant murder while stating it was to redeem lost honour in the family. Simply put law is law, and murder is murder i dont care what 'peaceful' beliefs you have murder is murder. Easily comparable to the christians torturing and killing people by droves just because they think their witchs and god told them to in the bible. Only difference being is this is 2007 where that kind of activity is NOT acceptable to do.

I don't condone it, certainly. I would say that it is definitely indefensible.

Murder is murder is murder, as far as I am concerned.

And thank you to JoeP for pointing out that it is not a solely Muslim issue, and that it is prevalent in other societies such as Sikh and Hindu.

Archived