Honour killings. Why do they do it?

lets be honest. some Muslims are extreme racists, like sections of other communities. Would a Muslim family allow their daughter to marry a white christian from Englang. Does anyone have an example of this happening?

lets be honest. some Muslims are extreme racists, like sections of other communities. Would a Muslim family allow their daughter to marry a white christian from Englang. Does anyone have an example of this happening?

Yes, I know quite a few :thumbsup: one of my best mates who is white ( english ) is married to an asian lass who is muslim.

Also, the honour killings are done by old, uneducated stuck-in-their-ways plants. Dont tar everyone with the same brush.

An honor killing is a murder, nearly exclusively of a woman, who has been perceived as having brought dishonor to her family. Such killings are typically perpetrated by the victim's own relatives and/or community and unlike a crime of passion or rage-induced killing, it is usually planned in advance.

In societies and cultures where they occur, such killings are often regarded as a "private matter" for the affected family alone, and courts rarely become involved or prosecute the perpetrators.

The United Nations Population Fund estimates that the annual worldwide total of honor-killing victims may be as high as 5,000 women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

Yes, I know quite a few :thumbsup: one of my best mates who is white ( english ) is married to an asian lass who is muslim.

Also, the honour killings are done by old, uneducated stuck-in-their-ways plants. Dont tar everyone with the same brush.

i didnt tar anybody, you're too sesative when it comes to issues like this, i just asked. ive never heard of it and ive worked at a BME and in areas like tinsley and burngreave. and lived in page hall.

theres a post earlier that says the police were hindered by the local community, dunno if thats true though.

Did you also notice how the police met resistance from the locals, to the point that they were "defending" the guilty parties?

Where did you read this?? How can someone defend such a thing, sick

Where did you read this?? How can someone defend such a thing, sick

Theres a bit about why the police didnt take action on PAGE 2 of this atricle, although to be fair it looks like the authorities have pre-empted the response without actualyl doing anything. Whether or not this is because of past experiences, who knows? But when you have things like the Macpherson report to contend with, its never going to help your cause much is it :rolleyes:

...There must be something which gives these people (her killers) the belief that what they have done is right.

A bizarre and twisted view of the world gained from family, culture and perhaps in this case a perverted interpretation of a religious belief.

Luckily most people have evolved beyond this.

But when you have things like the Macpherson report to contend with, its never going to help your cause much is it :rolleyes:

I don't agree that the Macpherson report does anything to stop police doing their work . If police can't sort out the priorities between "political correctness" and preventing a murder then god help us all.

If that is the case, blame the police, not Macpherson.

It's like admitting that because they just don't know how to deal fairly with BME communites, doing nothing becomes an option in cases like this.

I assume and still believe that that the police are there to protect and serve the whole community, not just the ones they are comfortable dealing with.

Archived