Honour killings. Why do they do it?

thats rubbish, if it was true the muslim communities wouldnt turn a blind eye!

sigh, most dont, its only more extreme muslims that do........even my missus that has always been involved in femanism has just said 2most muslims" ARENT into honour killings, etc

Whilst asian women merit the same rights and freedoms as anyone else in the UK by law, some of them are denied those rights and freedoms by virtue of their culture. Not all muslims come from the same cultural background, or even the same continent. Some of them come from cultures that are male dominated, where women appear to be very much unequal, like Saudi Arabia. Others, who have become more westernised, still follow Islam, but have much more equality in terms of marriage and career and the way they dress.

What I do see is a need for more muslim men and women to speak out against these killings. I would also like the media to stop calling them 'honour' killings - what honour can there be in killing your daughter, or your wife?

What I do see is a need for more muslim men and women to speak out against these killings. I would also like the media to stop calling them 'honour' killings - what honour can there be in killing your daughter, or your wife?

its not honourable in your thinking but i suppose in their thought process its honour in righting the dishonourable (whatever theyve done)

if her brother has ordered her death he should be locked up .the problem is , as in rome do as the romans do . if in england please yourself and make your own laws and judicial system . i dont blame the muslims i blame the britsh legal system which seems affraid to impliment the laws to anyone non christian.
well said:thumbsup:

why are you agreeing?

just because the murderer is a Muslim, doesn't mean they aren't gonna be prosecuted and jailed for what they've done.

the right wing thinking members of the forum DO believe (in their paranoia) that muslims do get away with murder

its not honourable in your thinking but i suppose in their thought process its honour in righting the dishonourable (whatever theyve done)

I understand why some people might use the term 'honour', my beef was about the press using it, but we all know how responsible they are :roll:

Lets not forget, its not that long ago that women in this country could be beaten by their husbands without fear of criticism. Only the rise of feminism changed people's views, and it wasn't a quick change. Power of any kind isn't given up lightly.

I have to agree with purdy, woman in islam are oppressed. i have seen this with my own eyes. friends who have been raped but couldnt tell their prents or the police because it was their fault!

Have you ever met one that was't raped or felt oppressed and quite content with her faith??

I believe some of them even exist in Sheffield............ :roll:

Archived