Honour killings. Why do they do it?

Over 2800 Honour crimes in the UK last year. The police try and cover it up under the 'Domestic Violence' banner, I wonder on whose instructions.

Since when has an 'Honour Crime' been 'Domestic Issue'?

Since it became un-PC to identify an ethnic minority's members as the majority committers of a specific type of criminal offence.

Since it became un-PC to identify an ethnic minority's members as the majority committers of a specific type of criminal offence.
Yes but domestic violence for murdering your daughter because you didn't like boyfriend, I think that goes a bit far for the 'Domestic violence' catagory.

To me it is more like withholding the truth for the wrong reasons.

Although the Qu'ran doesn't expressly state that one must kill for honour, Islamic culture has for centuries placed honour higher than anything else. Islamic preachers also indoctrinate the masses on the importance of honour.

In fact, much of the Muslim war against the west is based on 'honour' in that it's a matter of 'shame' if they lose a war. This is why the humiliating 6-day war against Israel is seen as the ultimate dishonour for Muslims.

It's funny, because lying, cheating, stealing and waging war in the name of Islam isn't seen as dishonourable - but marrying someone you're not supposed to is a big sin.

Of course there are some honour crimes in other cultures, but the vast majority are in the Muslim world.

In the UK, we had to set up special Police units solely to deal with honour crime. Another great contribution to this country from Islam.

Although the Qu'ran doesn't expressly state that one must kill for honour, Islamic culture has for centuries placed honour higher than anything else. Islamic preachers also indoctrinate the masses on the importance of honour.

In fact, much of the Muslim war against the west is based on 'honour' in that it's a matter of 'shame' if they lose a war. This is why the humiliating 6-day war against Israel is seen as the ultimate dishonour for Muslims.

It's funny, because lying, cheating, stealing and waging war in the name of Islam isn't seen as dishonourable - but marrying someone you're not supposed to is a big sin.

Of course there are some honour crimes in other cultures, but the vast majority are in the Muslim world.

In the UK, we had to set up special Police units solely to deal with honour crime. Another great contribution to this country from Islam.

Maybe they should rename it 'Ego Killings' because as you say it seem to be their egos not their honour that has been hurt.

can anybody tell me why

they feel they need to murder there children just because they are going out with somebody they do not approve of :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6743357.stm

Because their culture is one based on cowardice. It's always been open season on kids and women. The defenceless always put up the least resistance

Maybe they should rename it 'Ego Killings' because as you say it seem to be their egos not their honour that has been hurt.

Yep, indeed. The fact we have to pour Police resources into dealing with honour crime is what infuriates me. It could have been preventable had Labour not trebled the Islamic population in Britain.

Yep, indeed. The fact we have to pour Police resources into dealing with honour crime is what infuriates me. It could have been preventable had Labour not trebled the Islamic population in Britain.

Anyone found placing their own culture above the law of our land should be taken back to where that culture originated.

It is sheer arrogance to come here and still demand that their culture takes prescedence of the law of the land.

Isn't arrogance suggesting that thousands of years of cultural development be ignored because of last week's politically convenient law?
You call 'Honour Killings' cultural developement?

The law of the land is the law of the land until it is changed.

People moving to this country should accept it or stay where their culture is accepted as the overuling method.

Archived