Honour killings. Why do they do it?

I don't agree that the Macpherson report does anything to stop police doing their work . If police can't sort out the priorities between "political correctness" and preventing a murder then god help us all.

If that is the case, blame the police, not Macpherson.

It's like admitting that because they just don't know how to deal fairly with BME communites, doing nothing becomes an option in cases like this.

I assume and still believe that that the police are there to protect and serve the whole community, not just the ones they are comfortable dealing with.

I agree, they should be there to protect and serve the whole community, but there must have been something stopping them intervening in this case, and possibly others.

I think with the police its a case of dammed if they do, dammed if they dont. Like with that bungled terror raid, they were crucified for that one by the local community but can you imagine if they hadn't acted on intelligence received and there had been another bomb go off? They cant win.

Don't take the actions of a few to represent the feelings of the many. The vast majority of Muslims in this country would be appalled this, I'm sure. (not that this is strictly a religious issue anyway).

"They come over here, thinking they can still carry on the same life and make people carry on how they want them to live life."

"There's a lot of evil people out there. They might be your own blood, they might be a stranger to you, but they are evil."

"I watch my back 24/7."

Racist comments from some white activist?

No - three quotes from the victim's older sister.

Furthermore, she continues to fear for her own life, lives at a secret address and doesn't venture out without wearing a full veil for fear of being recognised.

Even the victim's boyfriend has been give a new identity under the witness protection programme.

If it is a case the that most Muslims would also find this crime appalling, why is this necessary?

"They come over here, thinking they can still carry on the same life and make people carry on how they want them to live life."

"There's a lot of evil people out there. They might be your own blood, they might be a stranger to you, but they are evil."

"I watch my back 24/7."

Racist comments from some white activist?

No - three quotes from the victim's older sister.

Furthermore, she continues to fear for her own life, lives at a secret address and doesn't venture out without wearing a full veil for fear of being recognised.

Even the victim's boyfriend has been give a new identity under the witness protection programme.

If it is a case the that most Muslims would also find this crime appalling, why is this necessary?

the same reason as the US have the witness protection scheme, of course!

Just because every one else might think it dreadful, the homicidal maniac from the mafia, or the geezer baying at the moon, who lives down the road doesn't think it.

The protection has nothing to do with the faith, or the criminality or otherwise of the protected person, but the threat from the person pursuing them.

Archived