Honour killings. Why do they do it?

On average, two women per week are killed by a male partner or former partner. Nearly half of all female murder victims are killed by a partner or ex-partner - http://www.amnesty.org.uk/content.asp?CategoryID=10309

So it's still more likely to be an (ex) partner that kills you. Doesn't seem to grab the headlines as much though.

nearly started on one there that included forum partners :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Thankfully they're in the minority though.....

Actual killers may be, but the cultural code that females must carry the burden of honour of the entire family is fairly widespread. It's true that plenty of other people are murdered by members of their own family, but in most cases there is not tacet support for the murderers' motivation. In one of the recent previous convictions for an honour killing, the judge spoke out sharply at the wider community's collusion in protecting the murdering family. This sort of misogynistic underpinning, be it Koranic or otherwise, must be faced head on, not minimised and swamped in relativism.

Her family decided to kill her because they believed the relationship had shamed them as Suleimani was an Iranian Kurd and not a strict Muslim

Yet more evidence of this vicious, wicked faith. It should be outlawed in this country before it's too late along with it's poxy places of worship.

Yet more evidence of this vicious, wicked faith. It should be outlawed in this country before it's too late along with it's poxy places of worship.

The fact that you quote Nick Griffin speaks volumes.

Actual killers may be, but the cultural code that females must carry the burden of honour of the entire family is fairly widespread. It's true that plenty of other people are murdered by members of their own family, but in most cases there is not tacet support for the murderers' motivation. In one of the recent previous convictions for an honour killing, the judge spoke out sharply at the wider community's collusion in protecting the murdering family. This sort of misogynistic underpinning, be it Koranic or otherwise, must be faced head on, not minimised and swamped in relativism.
couldnt have put it better myself ! no honestly ? i couldnt! and then there are the children and other family members that are taken out at the same time as one of these DIS honour killings when some idiot zealot pours petrol through the targets letter box:rant: :rant:

THIS says it all for me.

Its all the same crap, and if they want it here then theyre going to have to fight for it, every inch of the way.

Some see that pic as the future of the Europeans, some would even call me a racist or a troll for posting this, and if they do... then good, If I appear racist or trollish to people who see any good at all in that picture then be thankful Im a computer screen away from you.

THIS says it all for me.

Its all the same crap, and if they want it here then theyre going to have to fight for it, every inch of the way.

Some see that pic as the future of the Europeans, some would even call me a racist or a troll for posting this, and if they do... then good, If I appear racist or trollish to people who see any good at all in that picture then be thankful Im a computer screen away from you.

bravo jabbers:thumbsup:

Archived