Honour killings. Why do they do it?

Trouble is, youre a racist if you say that. It doesnt matter if youre right, you will be called a racist and it sticks.

Well I've yet to hear anyone be called a racist for condemning "honour" killings; that would take some grade 'A' idiocy.

Thing is, for your genuine racists, they wouldn't care anyway. Just one less ****, as far as they're concerned.

Well I've yet to hear anyone be called a racist for condemning "honour" killings; that would take some grade 'A' idiocy.

Thing is, for your genuine racists, they wouldn't care anyway. Just one less ****, as far as they're concerned.

Ive seen dafter though. There are people who would immediately scream RACIST at the drop of a hat.

Of course we don't want killings of any sort in the UK brooksy, but some people (see upholder's post) are stupid enough to think you could change it by banning a religion and closing places of worship. Which is clearly pants.

It remains illegal here and always will be. The attitudes that underly such killings need to be challenged and changed, but you can't demonise a wholl community for the acts of a few.

You think that these people's attitudes can be changed? They have been acting this way for hundreds of years and will continue doing so, which planet are you on?

Oh, and if you want to call me stupid at least have the decency to do it to my face instead of from behind a keyboard, you can find me at the address in my sig.

Ive seen dafter though. There are people who would immediately scream RACIST at the drop of a hat.

yeah, but we all know they're muppets. There is a certain mythology developing around all of this you know. We're forever being told that the world is "full" of people who: call everyone a racist who has anything negative to say about anyone foreign; stop you saying what you want to say; are "forcing" us to partake of other cultures, etc. So how come I never come across any of them? Where the chuff are they?

We're at post #74, and no-one's said 'racist' yet!

Indeed, just as there are those who blame 'PC', 'lefties' and claim that 'people like you bending over backwards' - ( see AJ Sheffield ) - for all the ills that exist in the world.

Can you in your opinion describe a racist.Is it someone who dosnt conform with the political correctness in the uk at the moment or a thick skinhead giving nazi salutes..Not a dig just a thought.:confused:

Indeed, just as there are those who blame 'PC', 'lefties' and claim that 'people like you bending over backwards' - ( see AJ Sheffield ) - for all the ills that exist in the world.

Yup, both sides of the coin!

I suppose it makes the world go around, I just wish itd go around in some other way at times.

Can you in your opinion describe a racist.Is it someone who dosnt conform with the political correctness in the uk at the moment or a thick skinhead giving nazi salutes..Not a dig just a thought.:confused:

I think it's someone who makes negative assumptions about someone or treats them worse than they would treat other people, purely because of the colour of that person's skin or because they come from a different culture, rather than anything they have done or said.

I know.

Im devastated! I cant believe it been used yet!

See, most people are really quite sane. I think :suspect:

Btw, that was your 14,000th post! Hats off to you sir. 14,000 posts, and still they are quality...

Archived