Tagged Pigeon trespassing on my property.

A tagged Pigeon was waiting for me when I got home last night. I caught it and removed all the fishing wire from its feet, then gave it some water and some bread and sat it on my new lawn as it did not seem ready to fly away. When I got back later my housemate had managed to get it to bugger off before the cat ate it, all good I hear you say... So I thought until I got up this morning and it's waiting suspiciously outside my back door! Other than set the cat on it how do I get rid of it? I don't even like Pigeons but Binky seems quite keen on getting to know it better, I guess I can catch it again and the ring on it's leg will have details on who owns the dirty little critter, anyone know how long it takes for someone to come collect it? Am I allowed to kill it for crapping on my greenhouse?

:)

I had one on my balcony for a couple of days last year, it loved jazz and was quickly nicknamed Ella.

Ella

Unfortunately she didn't like Janis Joplin and flew away when the music changed, maybe a bit of Janis might work for you.

If you can read the pigeon's tags then I'm sure that there's a number you can call which will pass your details on to the owner.

There's another thread about this somewhere- I'll go and have a look.

Archived