Fairness in Football Rally

Anyone else planning to be at the City Hall on Wednesday (13/06) for the rally at 1pm. I will be there, proud in my Blades shirt.

looks like it could just be you then rich, stomp your feet and shout away

looks like it could just be you then rich, stomp your feet and shout away

You just wait and see.

Remember the Save Our Owls campaign of the 70's, remember the chaos in the 90's with the Owls V Swindon V Sunderland show down, Owls bosses and fans were begging officials not to relegate them because the Owls were innocent and Swindon were cheats, instead Sunderland were relegated and Wednesday went down. How soon the Owls forget.

All decent Owls fans should forget the divide and stand up for fairness in football and rule breakers and cheats should be punished. Clubs play for points and so points should be deducted.

All decent Owls fans should forget the divide and stand up for fairness in football and rule breakers and cheats should be punished. Clubs play for points and so points should be deducted.

The thing is, it's very unlikely to change anything at all.

I wish you all the luck in the world with it, but I can't see you achieving the result you want.

The only way you'd have got the FA/PL to do anything would have been by jointly refusing to play the last game of the season with Wigan until the matter was settled.

The thing is, it's very unlikely to change anything at all.

I wish you all the luck in the world with it, but I can't see you achieving the result you want.

The only way you'd have got the FA/PL to do anything would have been by jointly refusing to play the last game of the season with Wigan until the matter was settled.

I agree with both you and Owdo thats it's going to be tough but surely it is better to stand up for something you believe in and try and fight any injustice, even in the face of a loss, than just roll over and let the big boys get away with it. Too often these days we all just shrug our shoulders and say "whats the point" where as if we all "stood up" for what we beieve in we might get somewhere in society. I beleive an injustice was done and would 100% support any other club who were in this position, it just happens to be the club I love.

remember the chaos in the 90's with the Owls V Swindon V Sunderland show down, Owls bosses and fans were begging officials not to relegate them because the Owls were innocent and Swindon were cheats, instead Sunderland were relegated and Wednesday went down. How soon the Owls forget.

Yeah and i remember how supportive the Blunts were towards our cause. Let's face it if boot was on the other foot you'd be loving this right now!

An injustice was done but what gets me is why didn't any of the clubs at the bottom react as soon as the fine was given? Why wait in the forlorn hope that West Ham would get relegated therefore justice would prevail. It's United's own fault for playing like muppets for the last 8 games or so when they thought they were safe with a 10 point gap. Waiting til they were relegated then going at the Premier League is like closing the door after the horse has bolted, they aren't going to re-instate you!! The fixtures are out on Thursday and the realisation will set in that you are now a Championship club, get used to it and hope that those 'no win, no fee' lawyers get you some compensation. Coz that's the best you can hope for.

Yeah and i remember how supportive the Blunts were towards our cause. Let's face it if boot was on the other foot you'd be loving this right now!

An injustice was done but what gets me is why didn't any of the clubs at the bottom react as soon as the fine was given? Why wait in the forlorn hope that West Ham would get relegated therefore justice would prevail. It's United's own fault for playing like muppets for the last 8 games or so when they thought they were safe with a 10 point gap. Waiting til they were relegated then going at the Premier League is like closing the door after the horse has bolted, they aren't going to re-instate you!! The fixtures are out on Thursday and the realisation will set in that you are now a Championship club, get used to it and hope that those 'no win, no fee' lawyers get you some compensation. Coz that's the best you can hope for.

1) I accept that United didn't play as well as they could have towards the end of the season, one more goal and we would have been there.

2) Many of us were complaining about the injustice at the very time it was announced.

3) If it was the Owls then YES I would be fighting your corner, because I have the intelligence to see beyond football rivalry and petty little digs to see the bigger picture and the potential impact this could have on football as a whole.

4) I agree that compensation is the possible outcome, SUFC should be given West Hams fee for 2007/08, lets see if the Hammers can hold onto Scott Parker etc then.

2) Many of us were complaining about the injustice at the very time it was announced.

Yeah the fans were but the clubs dragged their heels coz no one wanted to rock the boat at that time.

3) If it was the Owls then YES I would be fighting your corner, because I have the intelligence to see beyond football rivalry and petty little digs to see the bigger picture and the potential impact this could have on football as a whole.

But there is no bigger picture, outside of Sheffield this story is nowhere to be seen. Things have happened in the past where clubs have as you could call it have 'cheated'. Look at the Leicester situation when they went into Admin and got promoted to the Premiership off the back of it. That loophole then got closed by the 10 point deduction but then even that was got round by Leeds this season which meant rules being re-written again.

The impact this Tevez affair will have is that next time the independent panel that rules on this will be more football savvy and know what the implications should be. It's not a petty little dig it's the way a lot of people will see it.

Archived