Any Sheffield Video Games Industry People on the Forum?

I heard lots of critical voices in the early 90s about working there- but then I shared a house with people who had left recently to form another company or move to competitors.

I feel that since I was made redundant from Gremlin/Infogrames, I can see what a GREAT job it was, but whilst working there, it was JUST a job. Having to get up, work late, tug forelocks to the gaffers etc etc

Like the old saying goes, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone"...

(How long till a Mod moves us all to Sheffield History and Ex-Pats? ;) )

Some really good testers move into design, scripting and in some cases - production.

The usual progression is Tester, Lead Tester, QA Supervisor, QA Manager.

Then it depends on the company and the individual.

Oh by the way hello from a fellow Sumo Digital employee and an ex infrogames bod.

The usual progression is Tester, Lead Tester, QA Supervisor, QA Manager.

Then it depends on the company and the individual.

Oh by the way hello from a fellow Sumo Digital employee and an ex infrogames bod.

Hello there!

So, the mystery begins as to who we are and where we sit! :)

That would be my dream job! My first ever work placement from School was doing something similar, I remember thrashing a guy called Pete Harrap on Jonah Barrington's Squash while testing the 2 player mode on it when I worked at Krisalis Software in Rotherham, was about this time of year in 1990 iirc.

My ex-employer HUZZAH! Now where's that copy of monty mole....

bibble, say "hi" to Double-O-Seddon.... that'll confuse him ;)

I didn't know Gremlin were from Sheffield, my nine-year-old self enjoyed Zool :)

Chuffinell now I feel reyt old, I tested that on the various formats it came out on!

Good timing as when I started at Gremlin I was testing things like Zool, Space Crusade, Lotus III, Harlequin, Premier Manager. Some right Amiga classics :D

My ex-employer HUZZAH! Now where's that copy of monty mole....

bibble, say "hi" to Double-O-Seddon.... that'll confuse him ;)

I know there is a guy with that surname, first name begins with a letter T. Is this who you mean?

Its not somebody I have worked with yet, but I know of him. I will ask about the double O business!

Bibble, I'm at Sumo - my pic probably gives away my secret identity.

Mick & Boboskins - how you both doing? Been a while!

I know who you are Mr JH !

I knew you were on here a bit back. You know who I am, we worked together on the last big PSP project. I was in charge of the art!

That should be enough of a clue!:)

Archived