Any Sheffield Video Games Industry People on the Forum?

I know bibble well, he's a compulsive lier, he actually sells fruit and veg on the Moor but tells anyone who's willing to listen that he's a games designer. He talks to tomatoes.

I know bibble well, he's a compulsive lier, he actually sells fruit and veg on the Moor but tells anyone who's willing to listen that he's a games designer. He talks to tomatoes.

Yeah, but they are digital fruit and veg, so I do still qualify for this thread!!!

:D

Hey Rich, that was Jahangir Khan, not Jonah Barrington, I should know, I wrote the damned thing.

D'oh! Sorry about that, it was nearly 18 years ago! :blush:

• 4 years later...

I used to work at Gremlin and Sumo and I now teach Games Software Development at Sheffield Hallam University. I need 5 posts before I can post a link to this year's Games Britannia festival and this is one of them :-P

I remember Gremlin in their early years - based a few doors up from Just Micro. They'd sell me and a few friends games on the cheap from their office, and even let us play test a few, but when they went up market with all that fancy motion capture technology, they didn't want to know us.

What happened to them? Did they go bust or just pack it in?

I'm not really in the video games industry, I am a 3D animator working for Sheffield Hallam.

We did recently develop a "serious" game for the Forensics team on campus. Developed in Unity 3D for Android.

I know of one guy on SF who'd a games software / toolset writer.

When I first started in computing the one thing I found early on I couldn't do was graphics development. I have a great respect for games developers.

The closest I ever got was developing some educational software in the early to mid 1980s, but I have to say that me and graphics don't mix!

JoeP, it wasn't on the BBC micro for the then polly was it? If so I think I may have worked with you!

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 13:33 ----------

Have you tried Novelty Island? :)

Gremlin_Mick, have you ever worked with a large IT company just off Ecclesall Road?

Gremlin_Mick, have you ever worked with a large IT company just off Ecclesall Road?

Nope, sorry feller!

I remember Gremlin in their early years - based a few doors up from Just Micro. They'd sell me and a few friends games on the cheap from their office, and even let us play test a few, but when they went up market with all that fancy motion capture technology, they didn't want to know us.

What happened to them? Did they go bust or just pack it in?

Gremlin went onto the stock market, got bought by Infogrames, who then kept all the rights to the games and stuff, and closed down the studio, making us all redundant.

French *EXPLETIVES*....

Archived