Gardner Steel / Walker Wright - did you work there?

no i didn't work there but collected steel many times from catley road and from club mill road. i remember eric he was sales , and brian in the warehouse he's still there i spoke to him before christmas. the company is now called barclay and matheson

Thanks for replying anyway - I worked in invoicing/admin, so I might have invoiced your company for the steel you collected! Which Company did you work for? If you spoke to Eric you bought from Gardners - nice man Eric, not seen him for years.

Thanks for replying anyway - I worked in invoicing/admin, so I might have invoiced your company for the steel you collected! Which Company did you work for? If you spoke to Eric you bought from Gardners - nice man Eric, not seen him for years.

at the time i worked for Toledo engineering. i think Eric left due to bad health i also remember one man in the warehouse that looked like one of the grumbleweeds don't know his name tho

• 1 year later...

I knew a driver for Walker Wrights called Tony Lawless,came off Birley Lane.He was there in the late 60s/early 70s and then went onto tankers for A.E.Evans on Cricket Inn Road about 1971,Sadly he died in the late 1990s.A really nice bloke he was,never do you a bad turn.:thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Archived