Staniforth Road

Farnehough Street is still there ...according to Google Earth. I use that road regular.

Yes you can still drive along it pressy, in fact it is quite a busy road but I think it has been renamed "Broad Oaks" which is why jmdee cannot find it on the street maps. Perhaps someone can confirm the name change, shoppercheck is on the corner and it's adress is 180 Stanniforth Road, thanks.

That is marvelous Meaks.

I've just worked it out. The properties on the original Cave Street and Farnehough Street have been replaced by industrial units. The green arrow on the map which shows where Farnehough St. once was is now called Broadoaks, Shoppercheck is on the corner. The road bends round to the right and people park alongside the "Wrecks" which is where the running track is. Hamiltons Hire is opposite, they hire out lorries, diggers, JCB's etc and if you remember a few months ago there was a massive fire at a tyre place (Dexel Tyres?) which is the building with the white roof, but the fire was in another building belonging to them on Westbury Street just a few yards lower down Staniforth Road.

It would have been a good place to live because Attercliffe Road is only at the bottom of Stanniforth Road where all the shops like Banners were which is only just round the corner.

It was a good place to live - I lived there! (At the bottom of Broad Oaks)

It was a good place to live - I lived there! (At the bottom of Broad Oaks)

How far back are you going Footifreak?

Was the council depot on the other side of Staniforth Road when you were living there?

I only ask because the school buses are based there along with some of the other services the council provide.

Cheers :)

How far back are you going Footifreak?

Was the council depot on the other side of Staniforth Road when you were living there?

I only ask because the school buses are based there along with some of the other services the council provide.

Cheers :)

Hi - I lived there as a child 1969 - 1981 when they pulled all the houses down. I think the depot you are refering to, was then B.R.S. (British Road Services) if I remember correctly.

Archived