SO, Child Obesity IS "a Form of Neglect" Shame on YOU!

Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?

• Yes
    • No
    • If they looked after their kids in the 1st place this wouldn't happen
    • Don't care

Yes. Your point is?

You said "What business is it of your how others lead their lives?"

I find this ironic given that you have posted 6000 entries on a public debating board discussing people, and, er, how they lead their lives.

Burgers never hurt anybody? Hm....What good examples YOU lead. you talk a lot of crap. Going on about other people's parenting skills when you don't follow the healthy lifestyle either. That's very rich.

you have no idea what life style i lead!! ok i'll tell you, i eat what i like bugers, veg, fruit, however i lead a very active life so i can eat what the hell i like!!

Okay, I will "come clean"...or whatever you are on about.

go on then!!

This comment wound me up, and I do not think that it is necessary, just because I said something that you donot agree with me on.

you dont agree with anybody on here, your on your own

I really do hate the witch hunt attitude. I have said that again and again. What business is it of your how others lead their lives? That is the bottom line. To have the authorities intrude on other people's lives and wind people up so that they are even more paranoid is just truly sad, imho.

becuase parents are killing there kids that's why. where thinking of the poor children who are eating them selves to death becuase there parents are idle and lazy!!

If you care to read it, not everybody is in agreement. It bodes well if you read it.[/QUOTE]

i can read thank you!!1 :loopy:

........................:help: :help: :help: TAXI for BAGO

Hello. Why are you taking this personally? You say that some parents are idle and lazy, but have you ever looked at how they live their lives and have a better and full understanding before you made judgement? Just like I have made a judgement of you and your "burgers", and you seemed to be offended at that. I do not know you? That's rich coming from someone that just criticised another person for being a "bad parent".

I think that you are killing yourself by having burgers as they are fried food and may have carcinogenic properties from the burger bits. Shall I tell you that you are wrong and find BMA articles to support this and then push it through the NHS or social system?

I have a four year old and I don't think it's that difficult to give a child a healthy diet.

My son isn't that keen on veg, so I just make sure he has lots of fruit and other nutritous food.

Yes he loves pizza, chips, sausages and all the other things that would be bad for him if he had them all the time, so they just aren't available to him on a frequent basis.

As a paediatric nurse I've also been in the position of dealing with families whose children are severly malnourished through neglect (at both ends of the scale I've seen children so badly starved that they looked like the little ethiopian children in Micheal Burkes report all those years ago, I've also seen a two year old who weighed more than an avarage ten year old).

One child I met who was about seven refused to eat anything other than barbeque flavour hula hoops, and his parents complied:confused:.

The two year old mentioned above was brought a steady supply of pringles and family size packs of maltesers etc, he literally never eat nutritous food, just what us normal people would consider 'treat' food like chocolate and crisps.

I don't even think its laziness. How hard can it be to grill a chicken breast, bake some potato wedges, and steam a few carrots. Theres loads of recepie books aimed at parents who want to cook simple, healthy, nutritous food for the children.

I think unless you are in a position (as I am) to see just how badly some people parent their children, it can be difficult to appreciate the extent of some of the problems we are facing in society, simply because of poor parenting.

Its been said previously in this thread that these parents are killing their children with kindness. I personally think they're killing them with stupidity.

I find this ironic given that you have posted 6000 entries on a public debating board discussing people, and, er, how they lead their lives.

:hihi: :hihi: 5.90 post per day, so that's hhuummmm 1016.94 days on here

What? You already told us what you "think", of your assumption of other kids out there.

No. I told of my experience with my partners' kids (none of which are obese).

You say no mums have posted on here? I already pointed out that I had asked my GF (a mother of 4) her opinions on this and posted the answer a while back.

In my opinion if it helps the child it doesn't matter how it makes the parent feel

A lot of children are split from their parents beause of social services' intervention. I truly do not agree that it is child abuse and it should be pushed through the social welfare system that we have in this country. No. Maybe education of healthier living through other means. Or even changing the schools' meals.

As I said before, the 4 stone child case is *not* common.

Yes. Your point is?

I don't see many moms posting on this thread. Why is that?? Hm...

You said something which a friend of mine once said and I find that really narrow-minded of him. If you understand how hard it can be to raise up a child, then maybe you won't criticise someone on how they do it.

For the record, I am not a parent myself, but I do have a nephew, and seeing how hard it is to educate a child in every aspect of their lives is definitely not easy. Just because some kids turn out okay did not mean that their parents followed a specific method to parent. Most just follow their guts instincts and wish their child well. To criticise loving parents is just a tad too much imho.

It is like implying that the social service should intervene on how parents feed their kids, just because of overfeeding or feeding the wrong type of food is "child abuse". How ridiculous does that sound?

Frankly, when I see an obese child at the school gates stuffing a cake down his fat throat, and his equally obese, yet 'loving' mother suckling on a Mars Bar between drags of her B&H, I am inclined to question the concept of 'abuse'.

I do take your point that it may seem harsh to label parents this way, but not as harsh as it is for a child who can't climb the stairs without collapsing in a sweaty breathless puddle.

There is no such thing as a "fresh" food, unless you picked it off the tree that grew it.

Agreed!

So we let 90% of the human population die because that's all the "Fresh Food" output will provide for sustainence in many countries?

Get real Bago!

I wonder if, with that attitude your dare step off the pavement to cross the street! :hihi:

For the record, I am not a parent myself

Oh. Right...

You seem to like to tell others not to comment if they're not parents, yet feel it OK for yourself to do so.:loopy:

Well done. Your hypocrisy shines through at last:(.

I shall ignore you posts on parenting skills till you have brought a few children up yourself:rolleyes:

Nope. If you see the type of posts which I reply to. I don't go and moan at people about how they lead their lives. I dispute ideas put forward by others. I thought that this is a discussion? I also support other people in their own problems. Just because you don't try to post very much does not mean that I "interfere" as you have here with other people's lives... :P

Blade got defensive, cos when the situation and light is dawned on him, he didn't like it! So why expect other parents who this thread is critising to like it and take it just because the majority of the people thinks this is justifiable?

To me, I normally do not tell parents how to parent. That is down to them. For others to judge is somewhat crass imho. Especially from those who do not have children. There is an emotional aspect which you have to deal with when parenting... and even blade here has commented that junk food is used as a "treat". I can only guess that this is the very emotional aspect which many parents has to go through and keep in perspective.

Archived