SO, Child Obesity IS "a Form of Neglect" Shame on YOU!

Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?

• Yes
    • No
    • If they looked after their kids in the 1st place this wouldn't happen
    • Don't care

And the majority of these say that eating too much or feeding your kids too much makes you obese.

What are you trying to prove??

And the majority of these say that eating too much or feeding your kids too much makes you obese.

What are you trying to prove??

You can read and understand it yourself since you are so aware of what obesities is all about in this country.

Anyhow, I think I will stop respondng to this. If others see it as controversial, then so be it.

The way I see it is that, it is someone's child. It is not my problem. I understand that it is not always the food, but if someone see an obese child and automatically think "bad parent" or "bad food", then that is their perogative.

You can read and understand it yourself since you are so aware of what obesities is all about in this country.

As I have a serious eating disorder and I am morbidly obese because of this and my own doing, I am more than aware of the state of obesity in this country within the adult and child population.

I am leaving this thread now as I have been warned and I don't think that we are getting anywhere.

As I have a serious eating disorder and I am morbidly obese because of this and my own doing, I am more than aware of the state of obesity in this country within the adult and child population.

I am leaving this thread now as I have been warned and I don't think that we are getting anywhere.

Well, I will also leave this thread too instead of consistently being accused of implying things which I have not written. I know being trolled is not my cup of tea. If my views are controversial and do not go in line with the majority of people's, then so be it.

I'm out too.

How is saying that child obesities is not a crime to the parents?
Can you rephrase that into an entire sentence?
I have already stated that there are far more worthy issues which should be criminalised and child obesities should not be one of those cases.

Maybe, but there's no reason multiple things cannot be done at once

It is ludicrous to prosecute parents for feeding their kids. That is the bottomline.

Your bottom line maybe, appears that most people disagree though

I cannot believe that I am seen as controversial by saying that alone. It isnot an affair that the state needs to get involved in. If anything, education about food as a whole needs to be addressed in this country. So why blame children when the adults themselves do not even know?

I don't see anyone blaming the children, I see them blaming the parents.

So you accept that it's a very important issue, particularly for the health of the children involved?

Yes, all your link shows is that some adults make themselves obese, does that excuse them making their children obese as well?

No, in the vast, vast majority of cases, highlighting a very rare condition doesn't excuse the 99.999% who are obese because their parents feed them too much

Do you watch what you buy? - Obesity in adults

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/2/low/europe/6704313.stm

Not sure what your point is, adults have a duty of care towards children, less so towards themself.

Well, I will also leave this thread too instead of consistently being accused of implying things which I have not written. I know being trolled is not my cup of tea. If my views are controversial and do not go in line with the majority of people's, then so be it.

I'm out too.

I think the problem might be that you imply things, and then wish you hadn't.

Either that or you don't quite understand what you are saying sometimes.

Archived