SO, Child Obesity IS "a Form of Neglect" Shame on YOU!

Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?

• Yes
    • No
    • If they looked after their kids in the 1st place this wouldn't happen
    • Don't care

Small kids can only eat what you put in front of them, so for under 11's it's obviously the families fault if the kid is fat... Post 11 they buy their own lunches, visit friends whose families ideas re food intake may be vastly different to your own and could potentially have a after school job (flyering/paperboy/shop work) where they earn cash to spend on foods that may not be available at home, so for older kids it may be out of the families hands...

I agree but a pattern is set from an early age with eating habits so an overweight child will invariably be an overweight teenager.

Post 11 they buy their own lunches, visit friends whose families ideas re food intake may be vastly different to your own and could potentially have a after school job (flyering/paperboy/shop work) where they earn cash to spend on foods that may not be available at home, so for older kids it may be out of the families hands...

Not necessarily, my lad is 15, his diet outside the house is appalling, kebabs, chips, cola :roll: out of my control. But he has paper rounds in the morning and afternoon - currently walking about 4 miles a day plus he walks to and from his friends houses which are up hill and down dale. He is slim and healthy despite his choice to spend his own money on rubbish food.

It's all about balance :)

Archived