SO, Child Obesity IS "a Form of Neglect" Shame on YOU!

Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?

• Yes
    • No
    • If they looked after their kids in the 1st place this wouldn't happen
    • Don't care

Hats of, this is priceless.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that

a) I need to be a parent to recognise when someone is crap at raising a child?

and

b) There is nothing wrong with living of chips? (which is what your thinly vieled post was getting at)

You are deluding yourself if you think that someone who feeds their kids junk and lets them morph into a blob of hydrogenated fat is 'trying their best'.

Until you have walked in someone else's shoes, you are only judging them from a bystander's point of view. At least being open-minded and seeing the overall picture does not kill you. Your attitude is priceless.

I am seriously telling you that, people who tells other parents off for raising their kids are seriously rude, and off their rockers. Truly offensive. I cringed when I read this thread.

Until you have lived in someone's exact situation, and lived their lives, with their limited resources, how can you say that it is not possible to reach the same circumstances??

I am not deluding myself. I have not stated anywhere that it will be manufactured chips. In fact, many people ate chips years ago, and that kind of mentality has been brought into this modern generation. Chips indeed *are* a stable diet. However, fresh chips and manufactured chips are not the same. Which is why some people kind of fell into this trap, and they do not necessarily know it. Trans fat, blah blah... and the nutrition in food, and how they are.

Go and ask anyone who went through the rationing days of the past, what their lives were like in the past, and what they actually ate.

so surley they should bring in some sort of punishment for the parents of children who are also underfed as well ...but these kids dont stand out as much as the obese ones so may get unnoticed :suspect:

Did you read the OP?

"There is outrage if a child is skin and bone but it only happens in extreme cases with obese children."

:thumbsup:

Mikebayley, when you are a parent and have to juggle a life and a job, then do come back and say your piece. Don't criticise those who tries their best under their own personal circumstances. :loopy:

The GF has had 4 kids. Has had to do the juggling act (still does, actually) and I've just asked her opinion on this.. She is in agreement with Mikebayley (as am I).

There is indeed nothing wrong with a child living off carbohydrates.

I'm sorry. But that is one of the most demented things I've ever read.

Where does the child get the essential oils/fats from? What about protiens? Vitimins? Calcium......

i'm somebody who thinks parents who over feed their kids ARE BAD parents, i'm somebody who thinks it's about time parents ARE punished for this

You are not alone with this thought:thumbsup:

Until you have walked in someone else's shoes, you are only judging them from a bystander's point of view. At least being open-minded and seeing the overall picture does not kill you. Your attitude is priceless.

I am seriously telling you that, people who tells other parents off for raising their kids are seriously rude, and off their rockers. Truly offensive. I cringed when I read this thread.

Until you have lived in someone's exact situation, and lived their lives, with their limited resources, how can you say that it is not possible to reach the same circumstances??

I am not deluding myself. I have not stated anywhere that it will be manufactured chips. In fact, many people ate chips years ago, and that kind of mentality has been brought into this modern generation. Chips indeed *are* a stable diet. However, fresh chips and manufactured chips are not the same. Which is why some people kind of fell into this trap, and they do not necessarily know it. Trans fat, blah blah... and the nutrition in food, and how they are.

Go and ask anyone who went through the rationing days of the past, what their lives were like in the past, and what they actually ate.

So are you saying that it's alright to stuff kids full of junk food because people couldn't afford to eat properly during the war?

Children should be out playing, exercising, eating fruit and generally living healthy lives. Too many parents allow their children to be brought up on TVs, Playstations, McDonalds and Coca Cola, why? Because it's easy and it shuts the little brat up for an hour.

*Should* is the operative word.

What gets my goat is that, people are being so unsupportive of parents overall. Blaming is easy.

A lot of parents allow such items for theirkid because technology is becoming the next big thing in this country. The skillset that you need nowadays are moving away from the basic manual skills that you need before.

Maybe a lot of people dumb down technologies, but just how many people nowadays are technologically savvy?

It is not always about shutting the child up. Some parents are weary of their children and do keep them indoors out of protectiveness for them.

Yet, how many adults would like to see a child "play" and be unruly in society as a whole? I think it's too easy to see that they will be also criticised and told off by being unruly. :confused:

I sometimes do not get the people that moans.

A lot of parents allow such items for theirkid because technology is becoming the next big thing in this country.

How many kids do you really believe are going to end up working in the games industry?

Teach them how to use a computer (to perform research, code HTML/another PL, work with imaging SW, use video editing SW......) rather than sitting them infront of the lastest CONsol?

Bago. The parents that are being targeted are parents that have been informed that their children's diets are wrong, have been informed on how to change the diet for the better, have been informed of the consequences if they continue with this diet AND still they continue to let their kids eat junk.

I don't know if you are being naive or contrary. It might help if you actually read and digested Mod Mans comments.

So are you saying that it's alright to stuff kids full of junk food because people couldn't afford to eat properly during the war?

All I am saying is that, some people can be a certain way, and that they are the product of their own environments.

For others to then go and critise them is somewhat extremely offensive from where I am sitting! I would be horrified that so many people likes to follow the witchhunt style of attitude on matters which are my own affairs and no-one else's.

I am seriously telling you that, people who tells other parents off for raising their kids are seriously rude, and off their rockers. Truly offensive. I cringed when I read this thread

So, by your logic, if one of your kids threw a brick through my window and then urinated in my driveway, I have no right to have a go at you over their behaviour, or indeed make a judgement call on your parental abilities, becasue I dont have children?

All I am saying is that, some people can be a certain way, and that they are the product of their own environments.

For others to then go and critise them is somewhat extremely offensive from where I am sitting! I would be horrified that so many people likes to follow the witchhunt style of attitude on matters which are my own affairs and no-one else's.

Would you agree that child welfare is something that the whole world should be involved in and not just the family in question?

If you knew a child was being neglected would you step in?

Archived