SO, Child Obesity IS "a Form of Neglect" Shame on YOU!

Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should parents be blamed for childhood obesity?

• Yes
    • No
    • If they looked after their kids in the 1st place this wouldn't happen
    • Don't care

i think BANGO is winding everybody up!! either that or BANGo is on anohter planet :D

I think you are the one that is winding people up here. Drumming their emotions, and showing their truthful resentments towards certain types of people in this country.

For the record, I totally agree with this comment:

The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health said: "Obesity is a public health problem, not a child protection issue.

That is my stance, and I will stick with that. End of it.

As much as I hate seeing some parents treating their child cruelly, I would not use the social system to scrutinise such parents and alienate them though. Which is what I am also against people doing here...

For the record. I did not say that it is right to feed a child just manufactured junk food!

I hate seeing some scientific "loose" facts being scrutinised and accepted as the "social truth in the bible of social acceptances"! :confused:

Yes. These scientists and their witchcraft. What do they know....

Let them eat cake.

Guest Mod_Man
A pear is not 20p! It certainly is not that price unless you get at from the market. At trade prices.

I do not think that is the average cost of a pear from a supermarket. Please, also don't say that there are no difference in geographical pricing too. I found out the same item in this city cost differently in different regions alone. How many people actually is aware of such things like that?

Sorry had to come back for this, the greengrocers on London Road sold me a pear yesterday for 20p, it proves when the last time you bought a pear was. Supermarkets may be even cheaper, I can't check because the supermarket sites want me to register before viewing pear prices.

You also assume that many families still have access to the Net. A lot of people do not have access to such informations! Especially low income families.

No I don't you said how tech savvy people are now, I replied,"if they are that tech savvy, get on the net and do some research about food", Libraries have net access you know, it's free too.

Well, many parents who are trying to "conform" and not want their child be criticised may do so... I find that somewhat wrong. To allow others dictate how you live your life.

A lot of parents only conform when it suits them, if a teacher asked them to sort their child out the teacher would likely end up getting mouthed at, is that the conforming you mean?

If how you live your life is harming someone who can't speak up for themselves, e.g. A parent feeding their child crap food when the child doesn't have a choice, then yes I think society should step in, do you think we should allow parents to abuse their children however they please, after all it's rude to step in.

I do not think that there is a need for anything. If children are fat, then children are fat. Life is what you make of it, and to be around criticising others, when peoples own lives are not in line... is just a tad off imho.

Where is the childs chance of having a life and making something of it, a kid whose parents have fed them crap and are overweight are never going to get the chance to be athletes or even get to play many sports, but hey, life is what you make it, it doesn't matter if you've had a crap start.

I am not saying that kids should be fat. I am with the camp that this child obseity issue is NOT an abuse! It shouldn't even be classed as an abuse. The cases of the 4 stone child is not common in this country. I doubt that it is common everywhere either. So, it is not just the food, nor the lifestyle. There had been articles about "clinical obesities" whereby it is a person's born genetics. To think that it is pure food alone is absolutely ludicrous. BMA should know better than that.

Ahh the genetics excuse, I wondered how long that one would take. Have you noticed how this genetics thing only affects developed or developing countries, there's never mention of the genetically obese in Africa.

Here, it's about China but I think it proves a point. Genetics wasn't mentioned once.

If people are that worried about children being neglected, then they should take control and vote for better school dinners in schools! Did you know that junk food are also served in many schools too? :roll: They are cheap, they are readily available. "Our" children eats it.

From the days of "crap school food" to the more convenient fast food. That has changed for the worst...and how many people actually realise this important factor? It is not always parents and what they feed them at home either. Just how many parents monitor their children's diets and feed them 2 decent regular meals a day?

Oh, also... just how many people actually eat truly freshly made food? Please tell me most people who are actually writing on this thread actually do not buy the readily meals that the likes of M&S churns out. Cos that is also loaded with additives too. Despite whatever main ingredients it came from as fresh food.

The fact is that we do not eat "fresh" food in this country. How much meat are manufactured crap too? With its high salt water content to make it look lovely?? :loopy:

Parents should be responsible for their children period.

perhaps that should be mentioned to the older childrens parents who advocate drug use,alcoholic consumption and smoking.

and followed by throwing beer around at music gigs.

Archived