Flat tyre...what would you do?

you have a flat tyre what would you do ?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. you have a flat tyre what would you do ?

• get it sorted yourself im not frightened of a bit of muck
    • immeadiatly reach for the mobile phone and get help
    • sit sobbing by the side of the road and hope someone takes pity

One question that isn't answered on that site that I would like to know is whether Ultraseal will repair a leak on a wheel as well as a tyre. I have a split rim alloy which has a slight leak and no matter what I do it deflates over a few days. The wheel can't be repaired and will have to be replaced at great expense unless something like this stuff works.

dont understand why we get these sort of threads!!

It's a discussion Forum. It happens. people post stuff that they want to discuss.

Welcome to SF - as apparently you've only just joined you might want to check out teh FAQs and Rules and that will give you some guidance.

I can change a wheel, but have to admit that when I've been in teh AA or similar I've called them out.

No point in having a dog and barking yourself, as they say. :)

The REALLY important thing to remember after changing a wheel is to get the flat tyre on the wheel removed and replaced, so that the 'new' spare wheel is sound. :)

A few years ago I burst a tyre, swapped it, intended to get it replaced and then burst another tyre three days later. It's amazing how far you can go on the rims. :D

I can change a wheel, but have to admit that when I've been in teh AA or similar I've called them out.

No point in having a dog and barking yourself, as they say. :)

The REALLY important thing to remember after changing a wheel is to get the flat tyre on the wheel removed and replaced, so that the 'new' spare wheel is sound. :)

A few years ago I burst a tyre, swapped it, intended to get it replaced and then burst another tyre three days later. It's amazing how far you can go on the rims. :D

And if you drive anything that has large alloy wheels, then your spare is likely to be a temporary wheel anyway, which isn't rated to motorway speeds or for any long distances, so replacing and repairing your 'spare' is even more important.

Those little spacesaver spares are ridiculous, if I'm going abroad I always take a spare full size wheel and put some luggage in the wheelwell. I once had a blow out on a motorway in France and put the spacesaver spare on but there was then nowhere to put the blown out wheel in the full boot.

Make sure you check the pressure in spare periodically btw.

Those little spacesaver spares are ridiculous, if I'm going abroad I always take a spare full size wheel and put some luggage in the wheelwell. I once had a blow out on a motorway in France and put the spacesaver spare on but there was then nowhere to put the blown out wheel in the full boot.

Make sure you check the pressure in spare periodically btw.

'Space saver', my a***. First time I heard that expression when I bought a Fiat Bravo a few years back. Looked at it... Cost saver more like. The must save a few quid.

One question that isn't answered on that site that I would like to know is whether Ultraseal will repair a leak on a wheel as well as a tyre. I have a split rim alloy which has a slight leak and no matter what I do it deflates over a few days. The wheel can't be repaired and will have to be replaced at great expense unless something like this stuff works.

Supposedly it will help as it will seep into the crack that is causing the leak.

It's supposed to prolong the lifetime of a wheel as well as it cotes the inside and stops the air corroding the inner rim.

Worth a try anyway, £20 to try it on a single wheel which is a lot cheaper than replacing the alli.

i know how to change a tyre but struggle at the wheel nuts, so i would call my mate, brother or that very very very nice man at the AA,, kids let the tyres down all the time on my car and the neighbours, so blooming annoying that they have nothing better to do

Archived