Zero Club

Jonesy

I'm meant to be going to a gig at the Zero club, Matilda street tomorrow night, only been here 3 weeks and I don't know where it is, could anyone give me decent directions? I'm in Tapton, obviously I know West Street and stuff so I'm hoping it's in that neck of the woods! Would be very grateful if anyone could help cheers. Multimap came up with a couple of responses, in S1 and S2, so if someone could just tell me straight out where it is that'd be easier I think! Cheers!

Originally posted by Jonesy

I'm meant to be going to a gig at the Zero club, Matilda street tomorrow night, only been here 3 weeks and I don't know where it is, could anyone give me decent directions? I'm in Tapton, obviously I know West Street and stuff so I'm hoping it's in that neck of the woods! Would be very grateful if anyone could help cheers. Multimap came up with a couple of responses, in S1 and S2, so if someone could just tell me straight out where it is that'd be easier I think! Cheers!

Imagine you're walking down West Street into town...

When you get to the junction where Tequila / the 80's bar is, turn right down Rockingham Street.

Follow this all the way down, go over the roundabout, and keep gong down, with the Moor on your right.

When you get to the next roundabout, turn right onto Eyre Street. If you want a fight with some Chavs, go into Bar Purple :thumbsup:, otherwise carry on.

Club Zero is at the corner of the next turn off.

From West Street it's about 10 mins walk.

If you can't be arsed, get a taxi!

Originally posted by bigrods

Imagine you're walking down West Street into town...

When you get to the junction where Tequila / the 80's bar is, turn right down Rockingham Street.

Follow this all the way down, go over the roundabout, and keep gong down, with the Moor on your right.

When you get to the next roundabout, turn right onto Eyre Street. If you want a fight with some Chavs, go into Bar Purple :thumbsup:, otherwise carry on.

Club Zero is at the corner of the next turn off.

From West Street it's about 10 mins walk.

If you can't be arsed, get a taxi!

Cheers mate, I probably would get a taxi, but I've been in 3 or 4 since I've been here and none of them seem to know where they're going! None of them know where taptonville flats are, so I said to one guy just drop me at Tapton halls of residence, a fairly safe bet you would've thought, but no! Didn't know where that was either! Ah well....

Cheers mate, I probably would get a taxi, but I've been in 3 or 4 since I've been here and none of them seem to know where they're going! None of them know where taptonville flats are, so I said to one guy just drop me at Tapton halls of residence, a fairly safe bet you would've thought, but no! Didn't know where that was either! Ah well....

Actually, if you're in Broomhill, and to savwe all that walking ;o) get the 51/52 to the Peace Gardens, then follow the road down to the Moor, then turn left. From then on, follow the rest of my original instructions

Some other guy I know told me this:

"imagine your 'coming to town via west street, youll come to hmv and maccy d's etc, head down the road that passes virgin, pass the bit with the fountains on your left, past the town hall, then youll com to a road with another mac donalds on it, take a left down there (as if coming from town) and that brings you out on a main road, take a right at the main road and youll and follow it down and there will be the road where gatecrasher is on your left and a car park and .zero is on your right, with a pink/purple window with .zero written in silver on it, this is the place, and this is how i get to it so that shouldnt be a problem ."

Mildly confused, HMV and Macdonalds aren't on west street they're further down in town aren't they?! There seems to be some confusion because apparently multimap has it wrongly marked (has the Fez instead, apparently), anyway I think I'll nip into town in the morning to make sure I can find it for the evening! Cheers.

Some other guy I know told me this:

"imagine your 'coming to town via west street, youll come to hmv and maccy d's etc, head down the road that passes virgin, pass the bit with the fountains on your left, past the town hall, then youll com to a road with another mac donalds on it, take a left down there (as if coming from town) and that brings you out on a main road, take a right at the main road and youll and follow it down and there will be the road where gatecrasher is on your left and a car park and .zero is on your right, with a pink/purple window with .zero written in silver on it, this is the place, and this is how i get to it so that shouldnt be a problem ."

Mildly confused, HMV and Macdonalds aren't on west street they're further down in town aren't they?! There seems to be some confusion because apparently multimap has it wrongly marked (has the Fez instead, apparently), anyway I think I'll nip into town in the morning to make sure I can find it for the evening! Cheers.

Club Zero is where Matilda Street meets Eyre Street on the north side.

The advice you got was right, just ignore the HMV and Maccy D's bit!

Definitive Guide!

Walking:

Go down West Street into town, turn right down Carver Street (the corner where Walkabout is, and opposite the Bedroom pub). Keep following this down, over the 1st roundabout and the Moor is on your right. Keep going down, and turn right at the next roundabout. Club Zero is the next turn off.

Bus:

From Broomhill (Bank Of Scotland stop), get the 51 to the Peace Gardens (just past Virgin and the where fountains are). Walk down this road, and you'll come to the top of the Moor. Turn left here, and then turn right by the roundabout. Club Zero is the first turn off.

You can also get the 52 bus - I don't know if it stops at the Peace Gardens, but it stops on Leopold Street (just before Virgin), and it's about every 3 mintues.

Archived