Bjj Rocks - Get on the Mat

the classes at 393 club have moved to somewhere near shoreham street - BJJman, barragergus or Truebjj are the guys to ask, but i think if you search their posts they have put the details on the forum

hmmm, not sure about that one. On a Monday we train @ Henry Fanshawe school in Dronfield, on a Wednesday is at Graves tennis centre. Come give it a try. Ive seen you post on the sports section b4 are you a kick boxer?

:D

I've been doing thaiboxing for about 20 years so as you can imagine I've covered stand-up quite comprehensively. Now I just feel like do some ground work/grappling to fill the void (Although I've left it a bit late, in my 30's now)

I've been doing thaiboxing for about 20 years so as you can imagine I've covered stand-up quite comprehensively. Now I just feel like do some ground work/grappling to fill the void (Although I've left it a bit late, in my 30's now)

i didn't start BJJ til in my 30s!

i'm not currently doing BJJ due to one reason or another, but i can recommend the Royce Gracie club. In addition, Sheffield Martial Arts Centre runs a no-gi grappling class on wednesdays (8-9), which is where i'm presently training, and as mentioned before, there's Gracie Barra, so no shortage of options. I'm actually in the process of sorting out some pvrivates at wicker camp, so doing it the opposite way around!

i didn't start BJJ til in my 30s!

i'm not currently doing BJJ due to one reason or another, but i can recommend the Royce Gracie club. In addition, Sheffield Martial Arts Centre runs a no-gi grappling class on wednesdays (8-9), which is where i'm presently training, and as mentioned before, there's Gracie Barra, so no shortage of options. I'm actually in the process of sorting out some pvrivates at wicker camp, so doing it the opposite way around!

Yeah, the shortage of options is not the problem, it's getting off my backside and making the effort to go down that is:P

Where's the Sheffield martial arts centre?

Does this mean all the other classes require you to wear a gi?? :(

S***t I think I'd be embarrassed about wearing one too. Don't they cost a bit?

Its fine, everyone else is wearing one :P

If you can do Gi, you can do No-Gi too...but it doesn't work the other way around, IMHO.

i totally agree, i started off training in no-gi and when i came to wear a Gi i felt stranded but now that i have learnt to fight in a gi i have found it easy to addapt techniques to no-gi and i feel that i am better at executing techniques because of learning them with the Gi on.

Archived