Bjj Rocks - Get on the Mat

Plus, if you're embarrassed by wearing a gi, maybe BJJ is not for you. Imagine how embarrassed you'll be when you've got your legs locked around a big sweaty man's waist as he gurns and grinds his hips into your arse....

Yeah, the shortage of options is not the problem, it's getting off my backside and making the effort to go down that is:P

Where's the Sheffield martial arts centre?

it's Mark Hayes' combined fighting arts club - it's clough road i think (i do go, honest! lol), which is near bramall lane and shoreham street. not usually many there for the grappling which is pretty good and Mark tends to drill the basics, which IMO is essential for grappling.

try looking at the website:

http://www.sheffieldmartialartscentre.co.uk

Theres a no gi class at barra every week thats always taken by a purple or above standard. (either John, me or when we get a brazilian over)

Come down if you can. 6 - 8 at edmund road. We've just had a load of new guys start so if you can make it down you won't be the only beginners there.

Paulinho

Hiya Mick, I'm afraid the Thursday training is in abeyance. When they opened the new place in Edmund Road they took the mats away from Victoria Hall. Gutted. Trying to think of a good reason for a city centre church to buy a nice set of mats to train on (any suggestions??). Failing that, I'm hoping to persuade the wee man to get off his bum and do a Thursday afternoon class. I've been getting my training in by going to Donny on a Friday morning to train with Ben Poppleton we begin at 11 and I usually crawl off the mat at about 2pm; it's excellent. Hope your training is going well. Cheers, Noel

hi noel

that's a real shame - i've had a long term commitment on thursday afternoons ever since you first mentioned it, and now i've got 3 months where i could be quite flexible! never mind (and i work pretty much 2 doors down from you!)

training is going ok thanks - i had a long break and i'm trying to squeeze in what i can when i can, but it's better than nothing. congrats on your blue belt by the way.

mick

Archived