WW1 volunteers wanted

dean1

I seem to remember that there is a memorial in Thorncliffe Hall at Chapeltown. The old 'Whitehouse' that used to be the HQ of Newton Chambers. Not sure whether it was for WW1 or WW2 though. I think it was halfway up the main stairs.

Hi

thank you for that info

i'll definately check it out as i have 'nt got it on my list's.

cheers

Dean

Hi Dean,

Cheers for the message. Just thought I'd ask about whether you've seen the directory site http://www.ukniwm.org.uk/

There might be bits to help but it's far from exhaustive and you'll be able to add loads from Sheffield.

I'm in touch with the history project over at Kiveton, which historically is considered part of Sheffield, and know that they've had volunteers and local enthusiasts researching all the men who fell from the village - with photos, objects, diaries, etc.

Hope all is well,

Red

Hi Red

yeah im aware of that web site red, gleaned a bit off it. i will submit all the others from sheffield sometime in the future.

Kiveton is outside the boundaries im working within at the mo, but i do have areas such as kiveton that are for probable later inclusion.

Yes, the lists are still current. im editing the lists as and when they get recorded. in also putting a note against the ones people have volunteered to record.

so yes please, dig your camera out and get snapping!

regards

Dean

Just for clarity,

i need to be able to read all the details from your photographs. if its a large roll of honour then one main photograph of the memorial and lots of close ups of the names on them is fine.

also any makers marks are also important.

thanks all

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Archived