WW1 volunteers wanted

dean1

Hi Dean

Is Rawmarsh on your list or out of boundary for now? I have a great uncle killed in ww1

Marion

Hi Marion

outside the boundary i'm working on at the mo, but would like the details on your great uncle for probable inclusion later.

regards

Dean

It was nice to meet Albert T Smith in Dore church this morning.

I hadn't read this thread then and hadn't realised exactly what he was looking for.

I didn't point out that the lychgate is a war memorial and has a small plaque on it.

I showed him a couple of graves of young lads who died in France but there are a few others.

When I've located them I'll contact you again Albert if you want to come back to photograph them.

Hi Dick

glad you bumped into Albert, wonderful man. He has been a MASSIVE help with this project. Hi Albert.

a nice bit of new information about the Lychgate and plaque Dick. just wondering if anybody know's of other Lychgate's as war memorial's? the only other one i know of is at Wortley church.

Dean

Thanks Biker, I will get the camera and find it. I've asked the following question on the Grimesthorpe thread too. Does anyone know if there was a memorial in the Wesley Hall at the bottom of Wincobank Lane, Grimesthorpe? I think it is a mosque now.

good evening Albert

how are you?

just send it in whatever format it comes word or works processor whatever.

thanks in advance

Donna

Elaine should finish what we have done tonight or tomorrow then I'll send it. - The board in the Post Office on Abbeydale Road,South. That was previously a hospital and the one at Cherry Tree Home were not to be found.

Have you got any information about them please?

Albert.

Archived