Thai boxing in Thailand?

Thaiboxing camps in Thailand have become increasingly popular with westerners and tourists in the recent years so there are quite a few to choose from.

I would suggest popping in to Wicker camp and asking which ones will be closest to your travels, as they've been arranging annual trips to thailand since the mid-90's and have developed strong relationships with many camps.

http://www.wickercamp.com for contact details

Also see http://www.wickercamp.blogspot.com

I would say that if its your first time try an english speaking thaicamp

e.g. Lanna or Kaewsamrit.

Others worth trying are jitti gym or sasiprapram (spelling???)

so do you train muay thai chef kicker? and train in thailand?

My advice to you will very likely be similiar to the advice they give you down at the wicker camp... Try to avoid gyms that accommodate really well for foreigners.

Some of the gyms that "accomodate" really well for foreigners are the very same gyms that many of the top names in K-1, K-1 max and MMA train at when they go over there.

Some of those camps are rather "touristy " by comparison while others are very hardcore and extrmeley professional i.e. designed for professional fighters wether they do MMA or K-1 or even muay thai for that matter.

Some of the gyms that "accomodate" really well for foreigners are the very same gyms that many of the top names in K-1, K-1 max and MMA train at when they go over there.

Some of those camps are rather "touristy " by comparison while others are very hardcore and extrmeley professional i.e. designed for professional fighters wether they do MMA or K-1 or even muay thai for that matter.

They pay more - They train more. The fact remains that the ones that accommodate for foreigners are mostly just money making machines that have little passion for actually providing hardcore Thai style training.

Archived