T.S.B Jeans Scheme for children 1980's

Lestat

Did any of you 80's kids have an account with T.S.B ( as it was known then ). My account was called the 'Jeans scheme' and my payment book was made of jeans!.. I also got some cool comics, badges & stickers etc every month.

The main comic book character was a lightbulb headed thing! as I remember and I've been trying to track some of them down but without much luck.

Do you remember it?

Don't remember that particular account, Lestat, but I did have a TSBeat account which came with a 10% discount card for Virgin Records (when the shop was situated on High Street). Saved me quite a bit that did. There were probably one or two other 'perks' (or if you like, gimmicks) with the account.

They also used to publish a monthly magazine called 'Yes' (they being, if you recall 'the bank that likes to say "yes!"').

This was circa 1986/7. Opened my account at Crookes Road, Broomhill branch (which closed and remains boarded up). That was 21 years since and Lloyds/TSB is still my main bank.

• 3 weeks later...
i had a tsb jeans scheme account when i was at hucklow road school 1980-88ish

Do you have any of the comic books they used to issue locket?.... were you a member through the TSB on Stubbin Lane, Firth Park? I remember putting in £1 a week :cool: just to be able to get the goodies!

I then went and ( being a big spender ) withdrew all of a months savings! to buy the Beano & Dandy yearbooks/annuals! LOL!:hihi::hihi:

Hey Alchresearch! thats it...:o:P:thumbsup: It was Mike, he used to hang around with a thing that had a lightbulb for a head ( I think ) . . . and you wonder why we grew up weird!?

Archived