Information Wanted About the History of our City

Pilon

Originally posted by Pilon

Again, thanks a lot!

But, without meaning to sound desperate or needy, I need more!

Come on, all you guys and gals out there with books on Sheffield, just bash the names of these books into your keyboard and I'm on my way.

Merci beaucoup

More ? More? There's about a dozen books there, and the "Popular history of Sheffield" book, starts with the first mud huts being built in a clearing near where the Sheaf and Don rivers meet. That's about as far back as you can go. Unless you need to know about the formation of the hills and valleys and the pre-historic creatures that lived at nearby Cresswell Crags.

Originally posted by Pilon

Again, thanks a lot!

But, without meaning to sound desperate or needy, I need more!

Come on, all you guys and gals out there with books on Sheffield, just bash the names of these books into your keyboard and I'm on my way.

Merci beaucoup

Tell us when you think you've enough information and then we'll get someone to write your project for you. Anyone out there up for it?

All part of the service. :D

Try to borrow or library read a copy of Hunter's 'Hallam'

Most of the info in a lot of the more modern smaller books have been taken from this large book.

Also try the Sheffield archives near Radio Sheffield there's heaps of books, maps, documents and micro fiche info there.

Happy Days

Archived