Bread and dripping

Oh and Peterdo it was the Palfremans who had farm in Wath that had shop. My father was Jack Fareham he was manager there and a very good butcher - made his own dripping in the upstairs rooms. Also made the most amazing pork pies i used to love to eat them hot and the jelly would run down my chin! I didt ever do spud picking but did plenty of tea making and washing up huge tins and trays! happy days!!

when i had my elderst son i had a craving for bread and dripping i couldnt get enough of it .Funnily enough he hates the stuff .My daughter-in-law adds a bit of oxo to the brown juice before it sets.i had never heard of doing that but must admit it makes the jelly more tastier than ever

When I left school in 1962 I worked in the record department at Wilson Pecks and at morning break time I was sent for a shipping order of dripping breadcakes from a shop on Leopold Street. I can't remember the name of the bread shop but they were the best dripping breadcakes I have ever had and I still enjoy my bread and dripping to this day.

Hi Live in Australia now and as you can guess not many have heard of bread and dripping except the poms .We cooked roast pork last week and at the end of the night i said to my Daughter can i have the left over from the roasting tin,she said what for, then i replied that i was thinking of doing a roast again tomorrow.I was longing to get home that night for pork dripping on a piece of bread.I hadnt had it for years and enjoyed it so much i had another slice:love::love:

• 3 years later...

The rhyme goes:

On Monday we had bread and dripping. On Tuesday we'd dripping and bread. On Wednesday and Thursday we'd dripping and toast, Which is still only dripping and bread. So on Friday we went to the landlord To see what he'd give us instead, Then on Saturday and Sunday, by way of a change, We had dripping without any bread!

The rhyme goes:

On Monday we had bread and dripping. On Tuesday we'd dripping and bread. On Wednesday and Thursday we'd dripping and toast, Which is still only dripping and bread. So on Friday we went to the landlord To see what he'd give us instead, Then on Saturday and Sunday, by way of a change, We had dripping without any bread!

---------------------

Hi Mr Blaze,

I got dripping today, dripping wet. :hihi::hihi: