Help with snoring

Think you can get summat from the chemist called sleepeeze (or something like that) If you don't find something perhaps you should see a doc. He will check there is no under lying cause, it will be cheaper than buying a new bed, or going to the trouble of finding a deaf/blind half wit to share your life with which most suggestions involve:loopy: :rolleyes:

How long have you been together? My oh used to keep me up with his snoring but now we have been together for a while I'm used to it.

At the time though it was terrible.

There are loads of websites with info about snoring as I was thinking about putting a pillow over his head!

• 3 years later...

When I went to the docs about my snoring, he told me that the majority of snoring cases weren't anything to do with the nose, but due to the throat getting restricted by your tongue, usually because your lower jaw slips back when you're relaxed and asleep. I got a mouthpiece that keeps the jaw in its normal position and this has just about stopped my snoring completely. Takes a bit of getting used to, but its worked for me.

A lot of people joke about snoring, but it can be a symptom of a serious problem. I used to snore extremely loudly (so loudly that I've had complaints from people in hotel rooms down the corridor. :hihi:)

There is (or was, I gather it's no longer used) an operation which (very nearly) stops snoring completely.

I used to think I snored so loudly I woke myself up, but (after a sleep study) I was told that the reason I was waking up was that I had stopped breathing and waking up was better than not waking up again.

If you have been told that you snore excessively, see if you can get your GP to refer you for a sleep study. If the sleep study reveals that you suffer significantly from sleep apnoea, you may be referred for surgery (laser palatoplasty has now been superseded by a procedure which stiffens the soft palate) or you may be recommended to use a CPAP mask.

Sleep apnoea not only makes you wake up feeling tired, but it can also cause heart attacks. It's not a minor ailment.

A lot of people joke about snoring, but it can be a symptom of a serious problem. I used to snore extremely loudly (so loudly that I've had complaints from people in hotel rooms down the corridor. :hihi:)

There is (or was, I gather it's no longer used) an operation which (very nearly) stops snoring completely.

I used to think I snored so loudly I woke myself up, but (after a sleep study) I was told that the reason I was waking up was that I had stopped breathing and waking up was better than not waking up again.

If you have been told that you snore excessively, see if you can get your GP to refer you for a sleep study. If the sleep study reveals that you suffer significantly from sleep apnoea, you may be referred for surgery (laser palatoplasty has now been superseded by a procedure which stiffens the soft palate) or you may be recommended to use a CPAP mask.

Sleep apnoea not only makes you wake up feeling tired, but it can also cause heart attacks. It's not a minor ailment.

sleep apnea can be treated sucessfully by cpap, i often use to fall asleep at anytime during the day even when driving it caused a problem, now i use the cpap and things have improved greatly!!

Archived