Favourite Pubs & Bars

goldenfleece

Originally posted by J1983

i agree with pinot actually. the halcyon bar oozes class and quality.

Thanks Mr Halcyon! But it doesn't really though, does it now.

I'm not even sure there is a good bar in Sheffield. Sola, maybe, Crystal, perhaps.

personally, I can not tolerate any bar longer then 2 shots and a vodka and tonic, bars are meant to be hopped along, work your way down west street and that way you'll not get disappointed. As for pubs I think often your local is the best, friendly faces and no need for a taxi home.

Originally posted by waggy

Also been looking for places that have Caffreys on tap, so far ive only seen it at the globe, anybody noticed it anywhere else?

Ruskins (opposite the Crucible & Lyceum) serves the best pint of Caffreys (IMO) in Sheffield.

It also happens to be my fav city centre bar, having not been out in "town" for about 3 years I discovered this place on a night out at the theatre. It's a great to have a city centre venue that caters for nice people, rather than the glut of bottle bars that have taken over in recent times.

I like to go somewhere where the music isn't so loud you can't even hear yourself shout! Though I do love good music and live bands it's nice to have it at a level where you can hear it but it isn't totally deafening.

Archived