Favourite Pubs & Bars

goldenfleece

Originally posted by Agent ****

Probe was on the last friday of every month as a headcharge warm up. I think it was the zogg people who put it on, not sure though, usually too battered to understand what was happening.

You must have been battered!!

PROBE was on every saturday for about 3 years at the lescar - you might be getting it mixed up with the NTA night at the Vine which was the last fri of the month.

Probe could be a mad night - especially the night after Zogg with the room packed and people dancing on the seats. But Zogg moved from fri to sat and Dil who put it on went away travelling for a few months and it ground to a halt.

But for anyoen after some nostalgia theres a one off Probe on Sat 30 April at the Lescar

Originally posted by Fabio_Pinot

In my personal opinion my favourite bar has to be the Haycion. The ambience is truly electrifying, where else can you sit till 1 AM sipping kir royals (champagne cocktails) listening to funkiest house tunes known to mankind, admiring the mint female bar staff! As soon as Nationwide sort out my second mortgage I will become a daily regular.

Do you agree?

If you dont believe me, check this link out!!

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/sheffield/index.htm

Originally posted by kkmohind

Best pub in sheff is dog & partirige just behind west street. Not for music and women but for the beer and atmosphere. I only think this because i am a 60 year old in the body of a twenty year ld. I love sitting in there and supping a gallon of magnet with the lads before stumbling round to my girlfiends and taking care of the rest of my needs.

here here! too right , i love the fact they have some old guys in the JFK room playing some tunes

Originally posted by Fabio_Pinot

If you dont believe me, check this link out!!

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/sheffield/index.htm

hmmm... not quite sure you read the first comment on the page there... for anyone who can't be bothered to check themselves...

Way too pricey for the overall package I'm afraid. It seems that the so-called cool crowd have moved on to pastures new and this bar is now falling foul to the chav crowd that makes up the majority of Sheffield's city centre. Such potential, but disappointing.

by: Beth, 03 February 2005

Originally posted by theadore

hmmm... not quite sure you read the first comment on the page there... for anyone who can't be bothered to check themselves...

hmmm................! not quite sure you read the website name? The website is called WORLDS BEST BARS, for a bar to be reviewed on this site it must be world class!!!

Classic rock bar for me although I have been naughty and not visited lately, must go down before it closes. When I am in town I like to go into Bai Hoi and Frog and Parrot, and of course the Devonshire cat on a sunday, although the last two are really pubs.

Originally posted by kkmohind

Best pub in sheff is dog & partirige just behind west street. Not for music and women but for the beer and atmosphere. I only think this because i am a 60 year old in the body of a twenty year ld. I love sitting in there and supping a gallon of magnet with the lads before stumbling round to my girlfiends and taking care of the rest of my needs.

I would like to second this, although The Dog is more of a pub than a bar. And it sells so much guinness that it is the best pint of guinness in sheffield.

My favourite bar is still the Classic Rock bar, and that is more of a bar than a pub.

I hate the Halcyon. grubby barfull of posers.

Forum is slightly better.

Tequilla and Takapuna are better.

Trippets is posers annon and pricey.

Cubana is nice and chilled but flawed.

Bar Coast :gag:

Har Har is ok. (dont eat there)

Archived